159 E. Walton Pl., Chicago IL 60611
The Palmolive Building Landmark Residences is one of the most significant adaptive reuses ever undertaken of a landmark building. Originally completed in 1929 by the renowned Chicago architectural firm of Holabird & Root as Chicago’s most prestigious office building, and to house the headquarters of the Colgate-Palmolive Company. The Palmolive Building was world renowned for its dynamic stepped design, and is considered to be among the finest examples of Art Deco architecture in the world. It was also famous for its “Lindbergh Beacon” mounted atop a specially designed mast. The building which is residential today was once the headquarters for Playboy Magazine and was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2003.