BY ACCESSING OR USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS DESCRIBED HEREIN AND ALL TERMS INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE.
- Age and Responsibility. By accessing and using the Site, including any services we offer such as reservation booking services, you represent that you are at least 18 years old or older, if legally required, to enter into any agreements through the services we offer on the Site.
- Privacy and Protection of Children under 18. Choose Chicago does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register on this website or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or email address. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on this website. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. You may not have to be a member to participate in certain contests, sweepstakes and/or special events; however, you must meet the designated minimum age requirements for the specific matter. Choose Chicago will establish specific rules and terms for participation in each contest, sweepstakes and/or special event and will post this information on the Site.
- Choose Chicago Intellectual Property. The content, organization, design elements, graphics, text, images, video, compilation, advertising, marks and all other material on the Site are protected under applicable copyrights, trademark and other proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights and are the property of Choose Chicago or its partners, who have granted Choose Chicago rights of use for third-party images. The copying, distribution, modification, unauthorized use or publication by you, directly or indirectly, of any such matters or any part of the website, including but not limited to the removal or alteration of advertising, except for the limited rights of use granted hereunder, is strictly prohibited.
All contents of this website are: ©2020 Choose Chicago
- Restrictions on Use of the Site. You may only use the Site for personal reasons or to engage in legitimate commercial transactions proposed on the Site. As a condition of your use of the website, you will not use the website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms or any other conditions and notices provided by Choose Chicago. You may not use the website in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any server, or the network(s) connected to any server, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the website. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any products, services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Choose Chicago server through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the website.
- User Generated Content. On the Site, including our social media channels, we invite your comments and submissions; we hope you choose to participate. Here are the terms about any content (including text, photographs and video) you provide to us via certain functions on the Site (“Contributed Content“). You must be 18 years of age or older and have the legal right to grant any and all rights to your Contributed Content in the form of original photography, video or text.
- Responsibility. You agree that you are solely responsible for your Contributed Content (including any liabilities arising therefrom) and you agree to indemnify and hold Choose Chicago and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners and licensors harmless from any loss, liability, claim or demand (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) from any claim made by any party due to or arising out of your use of the Site, including your use of the Site to provide a link to a Third-Party Site or to upload content or other information to the Site. Choose Chicago is not required to host, display, or distribute any Contributed Content on or through its Site and may remove Contributed Content at any time or refuse Contributed Content for any reason. Choose Chicago is not responsible for any loss, theft, misuse or damage of any kind to your Contributed Content.
You further grant Choose Chicago the right to use your name, image, likeness, appearance, voice, sounds, video or digital recordings, audio clips and the like, or that of your minor child, as such is embodied in and included with the Contributed Content. You understand and agree that you are not entitled to any payment for Choose Chicago’s use of your Contributed Content in any form. You further agree to waive, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any and all right of attribution or any other “moral right” which may vest in your Contributed Content.
- Right to Use. If you upload Contributed Content to the Site, this will constitute your representation and warranty that you have the lawful right to distribute and reproduce your Contributed Content. You represent and warrant that:
- you are at least 18 years of age, you have the legal right to enter into this agreement, and you are not impersonating anyone else;
- you represent and warrant that you own or have secured all rights necessary to display, distribute and deliver all Contributed Content on your social media accounts or website, including all necessary rights for Choose Chicago to use and/or share your Contributed Content;
- you own all rights in and to your Contributed Content including without limitation, all rights to the audio, video and or digital recording and performance contained in your Contributed Content (if any) and/or you have acquired all necessary rights to the elements appearing in your Contributed Content to enable you to grant the same rights to Choose Chicago as described herein;
- your Contributed Content is wholly original and does not infringe on the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or any other intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or any other legal or moral rights of any third-party individual or entity;
- any information contained in your Contributed Content is not known to you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- your Contributed Content does not violate any law;
- you were not and will not be compensated or granted any consideration by any third party for submitting your Contributed Content;
- your Contributed Content does not incorporate materials from a third-party website, copyright protected materials or personally identifiable information of anyone other than yourself;
- your Content does not reflect negatively in any way upon Choose Chicago or their marketing, advertising, commercial or promotional efforts; and
- your Contributed Content does not embody any minors other than your own children, for whom you agree to provide parental consent to the use of their image in the Contributed Content.
- Prohibited Content. We have determined that certain Contributed Content is prohibited on our Site (“Prohibited Content“). You agree that you will not submit any Prohibited Content, which is any Contributed Content that:
- is illegal or encourages or solicits illegal behavior, including any Contributed Content that infringes any third-party intellectual property rights;
- is obscene, harassing, pornographic, inflammatory, profane or bigoted;
- contains any virus, Trojan Horse or similar code designed to disrupt the Site, our systems or other computers or applications; or
- contains any Personal Information other than your own.
- Remedies for Violation of the Terms. If we learn that you have violated these Terms, including posting Prohibited Content or making unauthorized use of it, we may, in addition to any other rights or remedies available to us and without any liability whatsoever, terminate or restrict your access to the Site. If we do so, the license we granted you above will be considered terminated.
- Contests, Promotions and Games. From time to time, Choose Chicago may offer as part of the Services, either on or through the Site, contests, promotions or games (collectively, “Promotions”). To participate in Promotions, players may be required to complete a registration form. Upon submission, all registrations become the exclusive property of Choose Chicago. Registered users (each, a “Registered User”) are permitted only one account. Registered Users with more than one account are subject to immediate disqualification from any Promotion, unless the description of the Promotion expressly invites a user to register multiple times. Choose Chicago, at its sole discretion, may suspend or revoke the registration of any Registered User.
Registered Users agree to release Choose Chicago and its employees, agents, advertisers, sponsors or promotional partners, from all liability arising from participation in any Promotion located on, or accessed through, the Site. Choose Chicago is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit any Registered User’s ability to participate in any Promotion.
Each Registered User agrees to be bound by the rules of any Promotion. A Registered User who violates any of the rules or guidelines for behavior published on the Site, or the site where the Promotion is conducted, are subject to immediate disqualification and revocation of their registration. Choose Chicago is under no obligation to award any prize to any Registered User who violates a published rule or guideline.
Some Games may offer prizes to Registered Users. All prizes are subject to the official game or contest rules published with that Promotion.
- Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us, any underlying carrier or network provider and any of our affiliates, partners, officers, directors, employees, and assigns harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, liabilities, costs or damages arising out of your use of the Site, including your submission of Contributed Content, or your violation of these Terms. You further agree to pay our reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs arising from any actions or claims hereunder and those incurred in establishing the applicability of this section.
- Warranty, Disclaimers and Waiver.
- Disclaimer of Warranties, Generally. The Site, and all Choose Chicago Content, Third-Party Content and other materials, information, products and services included in or made available in connection with the site are provided “as is,” with no warranties whatsoever. We expressly disclaim to the fullest extent permitted by law all express, implied, and statutory warranties, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of proprietary rights. We also disclaim any warranties regarding the accuracy, security, reliability, timeliness, availability, compatibility and performance of the site and information thereon. We further disclaim any warranties for any information or advice obtained through any content on the site. Finally, we disclaim any warranties for services or goods received through or advertised on the site or in connection with the site or received through any links provided on the site, as well as for any information or advice received through any links provided on the site.
- Assumption of Risk. You agree that your use of the Site and all Contributed Content or other information you provide or submit shall be at your sole risk.
- Waiver of Claims. You agree to irrevocably release and forever discharge Choose Chicago and its affiliate agents, subsidiaries, employees and third-party providers from any and all actions, claims, damages, liabilities and demands, whether absolute or contingent and of any nature whatsoever, which you now have or hereafter can, shall or may have against Choose Chicago, and affiliate agents, subsidiaries, employees and third-party providers or their respecting successors, without limitation regarding or resulting from the Site and any content on the Site, including your Contributed Content, or anything contained therein by Choose Chicago.
- Limitation of Liability.
- Limitation of Liability. Choose Chicago will not be liable under any theory of law, for any and all damages, claims, or causes (such as, but not limited to, punitive damages, breach of contract damages, loss of profits, business interruption, loss of information or data or costs of replacement goods) arising out of or relating to your use or inability to use the Site or resulting from use of or reliance on the information present, even if we may have been advised of the possibility of such damages. The exclusion of damages under this section is independent of your exclusive remedy and survives in the event such remedy fails of its essential purpose or is otherwise deemed unenforceable. These limitations and exclusions apply without regard to whether the damages arise from (1) breach of contract, (2) breach of warranty, (3) negligence, or (4) any other cause of action. The foregoing limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction. In any event, Choose Chicago’s aggregate liability shall not exceed $100.00.
- Remedy. If you are dissatisfied with the Site, you do not agree with any part of these Terms, or you have any other dispute or claim with or against us with respect to these terms or the site, then your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
- Limitation of Liability Not Permitted. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
- Content Removal. Should you want your content removed from the Site, you will need to send a message with the request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once Choose Chicago acknowledges receipt of your email request, please allow 30 days for any action to take place. Previously approved content already scheduled for or in print cannot be taken down or removed.
- Governing Law, Jurisdiction and Venue. These Terms and your use of the Site shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Illinois applicable to agreements made and to be entirely performed within the state of Illinois, without resort to its conflict of law provisions. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Terms shall be filed only in the state and federal courts located in the City of Chicago, Cook County, Illinois and you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts over any suit, action or proceeding arising out of these Terms.
- Changes. We reserve the right to make changes to the Site, these Terms and any other disclaimers, terms, or conditions on the Site at any time and without notice to you. Any such changes will be incorporated into these Terms and considered binding.
- Termination. Choose Chicago may at any time terminate your use of the Service if in its sole discretion it is determined that you are not complying with these Terms or other applicable laws or regulations.
- Severability. If any provision of these Terms shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- Questions. If you have any questions about these Terms or any other legal guidelines, please contact us at email@example.com. You may also contact us at:
301 E. Cermak Road
Chicago, IL 60616