Bounded by Ellis Ave., University Ave., 57th St., and 59th St., Chicago IL 60637
- (773) 702-1234
The gothic quadrangles of the University of Chicago were built on land donated by or purchased from Marshall Field in 1890. Henry Ives Cobb, who designed the Fisheries Building at the 1893 World’s Columbian Exposition, designed the quadrangles’ original scheme. Not to be missed is the Cobb Gate on 57th St. designed in 1900 by Henry Ives Cobb since he used many decorative elements left off of other buildings.
Hours of Operation 24/7