1335 W. Harrison St., Chicago IL 60607
- (312) 243-7400
Notre Dame de Chicago is truly “The Parish with Heart in the Heart of the City.” It was founded in 1864 by the French-speaking immigrants who at first gathered in the basement of Old St. Pat’s Church. Moving from their eventual place of worship on Halsted and Congress, they constructed the current church building in 1887 and later a Notre Dame Academy grade school, which was staffed by the Sisters of Notre Dame. In 1918 the French Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament took over the church. They turned Notre Dame into a center of devotion and perpetual adoration to the Eucharist for the entire Chicagoland area.