Whether you are a veteran or a brand new Chicago Restaurant Week (CRW) participant, we’ve outlined some FAQs to help you navigate the registration process and make the most of your CRW participation.
Overall program FAQs
- Do I have to participate in CRW for the full length of the program?
Yes, your participation in CRW is required during the full length of the program, all 17 days.
- Will there be an extension of program dates this year?
No, we intentionally planned 3 extra days into this year’s program to avoid any unexpected extensions and keep all restaurant program participation consistent.
- If my restaurant is normally closed for service on one of the CRW program days, must I open in order to participate?
No, you can keep your normal business hours. However, please clearly note the day(s) that you’re closed for service in your online partner listing as well as on your CRW menu(s).
- Do I have to participate in lunch and/or dinner to offer brunch?
Yes, you must offer a lunch and/or dinner menu throughout the full length of the program in order to participate in brunch.
- When will diners begin to make reservations?
The CRW website, eatitupchicago.com, goes live and reservations will begin in mid-December 2019 (date subject to change).
- Why can’t I upload my CRW menu?
Click here for details on how to upload your CRW menu and ensure all menu(s) requirements are met.
- How many courses should I offer on my menu(s)?
It is up to you, however, historically restaurants have offered a minimum of three courses. It is best to offer a few options for each course as well as include upsell items such as wine, beer or cocktail pairings. Please review the menu best practices.
- What is the deadline to register?
Registration deadline is Wednesday, October 30, 2019. Register now.
- What are the CRW participation requirements?
- How will I know when I’ve met all requirements for my CRW participation?
You will receive a confirmation email once your registration has been completed and all requirements have been met.
Dining certificate/gift card FAQs
- Why do we have to submit a dining certificate/gift card?
Every restaurant must submit one $100 dining certificate/gift card in order to participate in the program. The certificate is for promotional purposes and giveaways throughout the year. Deadline to submit is November 22, 2019.
- What are the dining certificate/gift card requirements?
- Submit one $100 dining certificate/gift card per restaurant
- Must be valid through December 31, 2020
- Certificate must include a number and signature
- Make certificate out to “Bearer of Certificate” or leave blank. Certificates made out to CRW will be returned
- Scanned, emailed or handwritten certificates will not be accepted
- All gift cards/certificates must be mailed or hand delivered to*:
- Attn: Mayela Hobbs
72 E. Randolph St., 3rd Fl.
Chicago, IL 60601
- Attn: Mayela Hobbs
*We strongly recommend use of certified mail or FedEx to ensure safe shipment and timely arrival. Contact Mayela Hobbs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-567-8462 to arrange for hand delivery to our office. Choose Chicago is not responsible for the dining certificate/gift card until receipt.