Opened in 1996, the South Building features 840,000 square feet of exhibit space and is linked to the other two buildings by a glass-enclosed Grand Concourse. McCormick Place South features a 100-foot high ceiling, a 900-foot long walkway featuring a business center, gift shop, visitor information booth and other amenities.
MCCORMICK PLACE SOUTH FEATURES:
- Exhibit Space: 840,000 square feet with moveable partitions (Hall A1 & Hall A2, Level 3)
- When used in conjunction with the North Building, can span 1.2 million square feet on one level
- Grand Ballroom: 33,000 square feet (Level 1)
- Capacity: 2,998 theater / 1,499 classroom / 1,800 banquet
- Vista Ballroom: 22,000 square feet with views of Lake Michigan (Level 4)
- Capacity: 1,898 theater / 948 classroom / 1,139 banquet
- Meeting Rooms: 156,000 square feet, totaling 43 rooms
- Capacity Ranges: 141 theater / 70 classroom / 84 banquet to 596 theater / 297 classroom / 357 banquet
- Dining: 16,000-square-foot food court, including a fine dining restaurant and bar (Level 2.5)
- Transportation: Weather-protected bus arrival gates (Level 1); Metra commuter rail station (Level 2.5)
- Sky bridge on Level 1 connects the South Building to the West Building
- Sky bridge on Level 3 connects the South Building to the Lakeside Center
- Two sky bridges on Level 4 connect the South Building to the North Building
Go to McCormickPlace.com to learn more about all four McCormick Place buildings, or send us an email for information on booking space at McCormick Place for your next convention, meeting or trade show.
Floor plans: Click here.