- Women-owned business
TripAdvisor’s TOP-RANKED walking tour company in Chicago, offering interior architecture tours that delight visitors with the “second side of the Second City,” with gorgeous, fascinating, and often hidden details behind many doors.
Inside Chicago Walking Tours is a woman-owned small business founded by Hillary Marzec, an experienced tour guide and product development director for a major sightseeing company in Chicago. Given the freedom to research and construct her own tours, she used her years of experience as a teacher, writer, improv comedian, and tour guide to create tours that tell the story of Chicago in an engaging, educational, and always entertaining way.
What makes us different? It’s our ability to find the hidden and fascinating details of buildings and areas that people pass through or pass by every day. It’s our passion for showing visitors, whether they be out-of-towners or Chicagoans, a side of Chicago that they haven’t noticed before. We love to focus on the stunning interiors of buildings throughout downtown Chicago – including many of the buildings along the river – and we even provide you with an “insider’s scoop” on lots of the exterior architectural elements that most guides won’t show you.
• Tours average 2 hours, and cover 1.5 miles at a leisurely pace;
• Rotating list of tour routes each season, covering everything from architecture to history, science, folklore, and more;
• Great for all ages, and very family-friendly;
• 20% off your tickets with promo code “CHOOSE” (for Choose Chicago);
• Run year-round, with a public tour schedule March-December, private tours in January-February.