With its twinkling tree lights and stunning skyline backdrop, the iconic ice skating rink in Millennium Park is a must-stop each winter season.
Skating is FREE and open to the public, with skate rentals available for those without their own at $10 a pair.
McCormick Tribune Ice Rink
Located on Michigan Avenue between Washington & Madison St.
Millennium Park (201 E. Randolph St. Chicago, IL 60601)
More than 100,000 ice skaters glide, spin, twirl — and undoubtedly, stumble and fall! — on the downtown ice rink each year. Take to the ice yourself or just soak in the views. Right above the rink is Millennium Park's famed Cloud Gate sculpture. Snap photos of your reflection in the shiny, snow-dusted "Bean" and watch the crowds below during your winter holiday visit. If you're in need of a warm-up, head into the Park Grill Cafe on-site for hot chocolate and other snacks.
2015-2016 DAILY HOURS OF OPERATION
For the 2015-2016 season, the park's McCormick Tribune Ice Rink is open daily from Friday, November 13, 2015 to Sunday, March 6, 2016 — weather permitting.
- Mondays to Thursdays: 12:00 noon - 8:00 pm
- Fridays: 12:00 noon - 10:00 pm
- Saturdays, through January 2: 10:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Saturdays, beginning January 9: 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Sundays: 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
SPECIAL HOLIDAY HOURS
November 26, Thanksgiving: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- November 27, Black Friday: 10:00am - 10:00pm
- December 24, Christmas Eve: 10:00am - 6:00pm
- December 25, Christmas Day: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- December 26-30: 10:00am - 10:00pm
- December 31, New Year's Eve: 10:00am - 8:00pm
- January 1, New Year's Day: 10:00am - 10:00pm
- January 18, Martin Luther King Jr. Day: 10:00am - 10:00pm
- February 15, Lincoln's Birthday: 10:00am - 10:00pm
*Schedule subject to change. For more information, visit millenniumpark.org. Or check out our complete guide to ice skating rinks in Chicago for more options across the city.