- This event has passed.
James Beard Foundation live stream
The James Beard Awards broadcast will take place on Friday, September 25 at 6:30 P.M. CT via Twitter to celebrate previously announced honorees, shine a spotlight on many of the nominees, and be a night of storytelling surrounding the historic challenges this community faces and how we can work together to rebuild a stronger and more equitable restaurant industry.
The evening will be emceed by Ji Suk Yi, a staple in local Chicago media and television for over ten years. This year’s presenters and program participants joining remotely include Alice Waters, Pati Jinich, Questlove, Nicole Byer, Ann Kim, Tahiirah Habibi, local Chicago chefs Erick Williams and Maya-Camille Broussard, and Foundation CEO, Clare Reichenbach. Gail Simmons will moderate a roundtable discussion with Kwame Onwuachi, Tanya Holland, Beverly Kim, and Johnny Clark on rebuilding restaurants for the future.
Categories with previously announced honorees accepting Awards during the broadcast include:
- The James Beard Leadership Awards
- Phillip and Dorathy E. Barker, Co-Founders, Operation Spring Plant, Inc. (OSP)
- Rosalinda Guillen, Executive Director, Community to Community Development (C2C)
- Abiodun Henderson, Executive Director, The Come Up Project featuring Gangstas to Growers
- Mark and Kerry Marhefka, Owners, Abundant Seafood
- Caleb Zigas, Executive Director, La Cocina
- Design Icon: Chez Panisse
- Humanitarian of the Year: Zero Foodprint
- Lifetime Achievement: Jessica B. Harris
- America’s Classics
- Lassis Inn, Little Rock, AR
- Zehnder’s of Frankenmuth, Frankenmuth, MI
- Puritan Backroom, Manchester, NH
- Oriental Mart, Seattle
- El Taco de Mexico, Denver
- Vera’s Backyard Bar-B-Que, Brownsville, TX
Learn more about the James Beard Foundation.