The Cultural Tourism department is responsible for increasing awareness and visitation to Chicago’s cultural entities, events, attractions and neighborhoods by promoting the city of Chicago as a premier cultural destination. Also under Cultural Tourism, the Visitor Services department operates two visitor information centers and services over a half a million visitors to Chicago annually.
Choose Chicago has set forth four core objectives for Cultural Tourism:
• Position Chicago as a global cultural destination by leveraging the rich and diverse resources of Chicago’s arts, culture and neighborhoods
• Serve as a catalyst for communication and partnerships among agencies, organizations, and stakeholders in arts, culture and tourism
• Enhance the visitor experience and orientation
• Establish metrics to measure and track growth
Visitor Services oversees the operations and staffing of two Visitor Information Centers located at the Chicago Cultural Center, 77 E. Randolph Street and the Historic Water Tower Pumping Station at 163 E. Pearson Street; Chicago Information Guide and Millennium Park Visitor Services (seasonal), the Chicago Greeter program, and handles inquiries to email@example.com. Visitor Services staff collectively assists and services over a half a million visitors annually.
Choose Chicago has set forth three core objectives for Visitor Services:
• Elevate levels of service to the highest standards while providing a visitor experience that revolves around meeting and anticipating the needs of visitors to Chicago
• Continue to create amenities and build on existing services (onsite, online and seasonal) utilizing new technologies to increase revenue and improve visitor experience
• Strengthen relationships with partners to engage and assist visitors to understand what experiences are available and how they can maximize their Chicago experience
For more information on Visitor Information Centers and hours, click here.