All PCMA Convening Leaders
volunteer shifts are filled at this time. If you are still interested in
volunteering please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
and you will be added to a waitlist. If any shifts do open up, a member of the
PCMA events team will contact you with additional information. Thank you for
your support of PCMA!
Volunteers will be an integral part of Convening Leaders, providing "hands-on" support to both PCMA and the Chicago hospitality community. As a volunteer, you will have the unique opportunity to network with industry peers while enhancing your own education.
Assignments may include:
- Serving as greeters at key arrival locations
- Working at conference registration
- Serving as room monitors at McCormick Place West and the Hyatt Regency Chicago
- Providing directional assistance
- Helping with special events
- Network with over 3,700 meetings and hospitality industry professionals
- Complimentary parking in Lot A at McCormick Place
- Complimentary meals during your volunteer hours
- Entry into daily drawings for local restaurant and attractions gift cards
For volunteers who work a minimum of (1) 8 hour or (2) 4 hour shifts:
- Deeply discounted registration!
- $600 for local member professionals & suppliers
- $900 for local non-member professionals & suppliers
- $150 for local students
- Invitation to attend the Sunday evening Networking Reception at the Museum of Science and Industry
- Invitation to attend the Tuesday evening Networking Reception at Navy Pier
For volunteers who work a minimum of 4 hours:
- Invitation to attend the Tuesday evening Networking Reception at Navy Pier.
I want to volunteer but I'm also interested in registering for Convening Leaders so I can have full access to education sessions and networking events-how do I receive my discount?
Please visit http://conveningleaders.org/ for the link to register. On the first page of online registration you will be prompted to enter a "Registration Access Code". Please enter the code below that fits your membership category. Please note that only local volunteers (from Chicago/surrounding areas and/or within region of the PCMA Greater Midwest Chapter) that volunteer for and actually work (1) 8 hour day shift or (2) 4 hour shifts are eligible to receive the discounted registration fees. If you fail to work the required shift, PCMA will charge the credit card on file for the full registration fee based on membership category.
||DISCOUNTED REGISTRATION FEE
|Volunteer - Member professionals and suppliers
|Volunteer - Non-Member professionals and suppliers
|STUDENT Volunteer - Member and Non-Member
- The Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA).
- Premier education and professional resource for the meetings & convention industry.
- Headquartered in Chicago.
- PCMA has 17 chapters and 6,000+ members in the United States, Canada & Mexico!
- Members are responsible for deciding meeting destination for most major association meetings throughout North America.
What is Convening Leaders?
- PCMA Convening Leaders brings together 3,700 plus meeting professionals each January.
- They learn about the latest trends and topics from top industry professionals.
- They earn continuing education credits, and network with valued industry colleagues.
Why is PCMA important?
- For four days, Chicago will be the hub of the meetings industry.
- PCMA attendees will take advantage of local and regional attractions.
- PCMA members will return to Chicago with their own meetings & conventions.
What does that mean to you?
- More meetings and conventions in Chicago = more visitors ... staying in hotels; eating in restaurants; shopping; taking taxis, buses & trains; and visiting local attractions.
- Convening Leaders is considered by many to be the preeminent event for meeting professionals.
- The last time PCMA held their annual meeting in Chicago was in 1994!
- Chicago's convention and tourism industry supports 133,000 jobs and generates $13.3 billion in direct spending.
- Chicago is among the top destinations in North America for meetings and conventions. In 2013 alone, McCormick Place, the largest convention center in the Western Hemisphere, welcomed more than 2,3 million meetings/convention attendees.
Please contact Lacey Cook, Choose Chicago at email@example.com or
at 312-567-8488 or Natalie Stone, Choose Chicago at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 312-567-8501.