As any sailing enthusiast can tell you, there's nothing quite like heading out on the open water, exploring the vast world around you and immersing yourself in the sailing community... except perhaps the Strictly Sail Chicago Boat Show.
At this four-day premier sailing event—the largest indoor sailboat show in the United States—sailors from across the country come together to hear about the latest innovations, strategies, products and boat designs out this year, all from more than 250 exhibiting companies.
If you're thinking about hopping aboard and attending this exciting event, here is what you'll find waiting for you January 23-26, 2014 at Chicago’s Navy Pier.
Whether you're a boating novice looking to learn the ropes or a veteran sailor interested in fine-tuning your expertise, the Strictly Sail Chicago Boat Show has all the info you need and more. Over 200 free, hourly educational seminars from the industry’s biggest skippers are planned, covering a range of topics each day such as:
- Speed Sailing - The Quest to Set New Records with Gary Jobson
- Cost Control while you Cruise with Lin & Larry Pardey
- Sailing to Europe in One Summer with John & Amanda Neal
- Selecting an Ocean Cruising Boat with John Neal
- Lessons Learned Along the Way with Nigel Calder
- Toward Maine Weather Self Reliance - Interpreting Your Marine Weather with Lee Chesneau
- Fifteen Updates for Your Boat with George Day
- How to Keep a Starboard Attitude While Cruising with Bob Bitchin
For a true hands-on approach, roll up your sleeves and get your feet wet with some of the comprehensive seminars at the Strictly Sail Chicago Boat Show. These paid sessions feature pro speakers and focus on covering areas with greater depth, including full-day and two-day sessions.
There’s fun in store for all ages so escape the winter chill at the Midwest’s premier event with these event highlights:
- Nautical fun for junior sailors. Kids can enjoy knot tying, crafting toy sailboats, a coloring contest, a bounce house, appearances from Skipper the Sailing Dolphin, and the all-time favorite for kids and adults – the remote control sailboat pond!
- Sail away on the Sailing Simulator. Climb aboard an actual sailboat and get a feel for the wind and waves without getting wet. It’s great for new boaters looking to learn how to sail and for advanced sailors who want to practice under different conditions. Also, get a free sailing lesson from an official ASA sailing instructor on hand to help all ages and levels of experience learn the ropes.
NEW! Gary Jobson's Recap of the 34th America's Cup-An Inside Look at What it Took to Win
- NEW! Lin & Larry Pardey America's Most Recognized Cruising Couple
- NEW! US Sailing Launches 4-hour Coastal Safety at Sea Course
- Back by popular demand! The Guru of Sailing Systems, Nigel Calder
PLAN YOUR TRIP
Thursday, January 23: 11 am – 8 pm
Friday, January 24: 11 am – 8 pm
Saturday, January 25: 10 am – 7 pm
Sunday, January 26: 10 am – 5 pm
Festival Halls A & B
600 E. Grand Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611
$12 – Thursday and Friday (Adults)
$15 – Saturday and Sunday (Adults)
$25 – Family Pack, includes two adults and two children any day (Online ONLY)
$25 – Two day Adult pack (Online ONLY)
$75 – VIP Club (includes 4 day ticket, private lounge, coat check, snacks and more)
FREE – Children 15 years and under (when accompanied by an adult)
All online e-ticket purchases include a one-year subscription to Yachting, Spa, Caribbean Travel & Life, Ski, Sailing World or Cruising World.
It's a one-stop shop for all things sailing at Chicago's waterfront playground, Navy Pier. For more information, tickets and to pre-shop the show, visit StrictlySailChicago.com.