1633 N. Cleveland Ave., Chicago IL 60614
- (312) 642-2498
Generations of German architects and craftspeople made St Michael’s a Romanesque monument with a Bavarian Baroque interior. The church was mostly destroyed in the Great Chicago Fire of 1871 but some of the exterior walls survived and the church was rebuilt within those walls. Not to be missed is the high altar and the stained glass windows by Mayer Window Art Institute of Munich.