- This event has passed.
Taste of Iceland
Taste of Iceland 2023arrives in Chicago, Thursday, September 7 – Saturday, September 9. The three-day cultural festival celebrates the land of fire and ice with events at venues across the city that showcase the best of Icelandic culture, including food and beverage, music, literature, film, wellness, and more. Most events are free and open to the public. Event tickets are required and guests are encouraged to arrive promptly to guarantee entry. Tickets are available on the Taste of Iceland website. Reservations are required for the Icelandic dinner at Bistronomic.
Taste of Iceland events include:
- Icelandic Menu at Bistronomic: September 7-9 from 5-8 PM, Martial Noguier, Executive Chef and Owner of Bistronomic, in collaboration with Blue Lagoon Iceland Head Chef Arnar Páll Sigrúnarson, will prepare a pop-up menu inspired by Icelandic flavors and ingredients including seafood, lamb, and skyr.
- Wheel of Prizes Presented by Icelandair: September 7-9 at various events, one lucky attendee per event will be selected for an opportunity to spin the wheel for a chance to win various prizes, including a trip for two to Iceland! More information available here.
- Secrets of the Sprakkar with Eliza Reid, First Lady of Iceland: Join Eliza Reid, the First Lady of Iceland and co-founder of the Iceland Writers Retreat, as she discusses her critically acclaimed book, Secrets of the Sprakkar: Iceland’s Extraordinary Women and How They Are Changing the World. 12 PM on September 7 atAfter-Words Bookstore.
- Reykjavik Presents: Iceland Airwaves Off Venue: The City of Reykjavík, in collaboration with Iceland Airwaves, will host a free concert of Icelandic music featuring JFDR, GRÓA, and DJ Hermigervill. 7 PM on September 7 atMartyr’s.
- Icelandic Cocktail Class with Reyka Vodka: Join a free Icelandic cocktail class where Reyka Vodka’s brand ambassador and mixologist,Jeffrey Naples, will shake up some tasty Iceland-inspired cocktails and teach attendees how to make these drinks at home. 5 PM on September 8 at The Exchange.
- Beautiful Beings Film Screening and Director Q&A: Enjoy a free screening of Beautiful Beings, Iceland’s official submission to the 2023 Academy Awards® for Best International Feature Film, followed by a Q&A with director Guðmundur Arnar Guðmundsson.8 PM on September 8 at The Logan Theatre (Doors open at 7:30).
- Elemental Sound Bath withBlue Lagoon Iceland andIcelandic Provisions Breakfast Bar: JoinIcelandic energy healer Jósa Goodlife for an hour of inner peace and healing meditation. Sound Bath attendees will receive a complimentary Blue Lagoon Iceland yoga mat, an Icelandic Provisions beanie, an Icelandair blanket, Icelandic Glacial water, and a Blue Lagoon Iceland Skincare gift. After the Sound Bath, guests are invited to an Icelandic Provisions Breakfast Bar featuring Iceland’s iconic skyr yogurt. 1 PM on September 9 atYogaview.
- Conquer the Wall with 66°North: Put on your best climbing shoes and join Icelandic apparel & outdoors brand 66°North for an epic day of fun, adventure, maybe a few daring feats, and prizes. 3 PMon September 9 atBrooklyn Boulders.