- This event has passed.
The ultimate end-of-summer festival returns to Chicago’s northside with the 21st Annual Ravenswood Artwalk on Saturday, September 16th and Sunday, September 17th. The Greater Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce (GRCC) partners with the historic Ravenswood Industrial Corridor for a weekend that showcases the bustling hub of artisans, manufacturers, and brewers unlike anyplace else in the city!
Each year, over 10,000 visitors explore the Ravenswood ArtWalk, enjoying a weekend of art, music, food, and community while getting a peek inside the spaces that help define Ravenswood. Stretching from Lawrence to Irving Park along Ravenswood Avenue, “RAW” features open studios and galleries, pop-up performances and activations, an Outdoor Artist Market, Children’s Corner, and a pop-up Beer Garden.
Explore over 25 participating locations and shop from hundreds of local artists at this two-day annual celebration of the arts. Attendees will have the chance to connect with artisans of all kinds including painters, jewelers, brewers, teachers, architects, dancers, potters, photographers, musicians, and more. At the event’s center, the Outdoor Artist Market will feature over 55 makers and artisans, live music from local talent, beer from Begyle Brewing, a children’s corner with family-friendly activities as well as arts and crafts spread throughout the festival, and a food truck roundup.
A few highlights of the ArtWalk include:
· Outdoor Arts Market & Beer Garden (Ravenswood & Berteau): features over 55 local artists, food from 5411 Empanadas, Hilary’s Cookies, Yum Dum Truck, and more, beer from Begyle Brewing, and a non-alcoholic beverage tent benefiting the Friendship Center Food Pantry.
· Big Teeth Productions’ 60-Second Film Festival: Big Teeth is proud to bring back the “Big Teeth 60-Second Film Festival” for its seventh screening at the Ravenswood ArtWalk. Join them at their studio for a one-of-a-kind escapade featuring brand-new short films created uniquely for this event, inspired by famous works of art. Experience the full gamut of emotions in a fun mix of live-action and animated films – all in less than 15 minutes.
· Lillstreet Art Center Open House: Meet artists, shop their collections in-studio, and step inside the inspiring spaces of professional artists at work. The open house will feature open artist studios, free drop-in workshops, and a handmade shopping experience with work from over 100 artists in their gallery on the first floor.
· John Airo (Ravenswood & Berteau): see local artist John Airo, the mind and hands behind the sculpture, Blind Love, live paint throughout ArtWalk weekend. His art will also be available for purchase.
· Bitspace Exquisite Art Fort (Ravenswood & Berteau): kids can join Bitspace for a collaborative hands-on building project during ArtWalk weekend. Every little bit of building helps to create an ‘Exquisite Fort’!
· New Sculpture Reveal (Ravenswood & Belle Plaine): artist Sarah Hicks has been hard at work for the reveal of a new sculpture titled “The Nurse Trees” for ArtWalk weekend. Stop by the corner of Ravenswood & Belle Plaine for an official unveiling and ribbon cutting on Saturday, September 16th at 1pm.
· Access to Historic Buildings: explore the beautiful old buildings of the Ravenswood Industrial Corridor and visit instrument makers, glass workers, museum archives, ceramic studios, and more.
Headline Performance Schedule:
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 16th
11:00am – The Parsnip
12:00pm – The ABC Trio
1:15pm – A Flor de Piel
2:30pm – Angela James
3:45pm – Rami Gabriel & Jazz Trio w/ Joe Policastro & Greg Artry
5:00pm – Of Wondrous Legends (O.W.L.)
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 17th
11:00am – The Millers
12:00pm – Honey Cellar
1:15pm – The Circus Dogs
2:30pm – Wild Earp & The OK Chorale
3:45pm – Lawrence Tome
5:00pm – Olive Avenue
New to the festival will be a second music stage! Located in the parking lot of Ravenswood & Berteau near the Outdoor Arts Market, artists, and musical groups will be performing acoustic sets to entertain festivalgoers as they shop and enjoy the beer garden. The tent will also feature artist pop-ups including fiber artist Faith Humphrey Hill, collage artist Miranda Livingston, and plein art painter Maggie Capettini. The performance line-up includes:
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 16th
11:00am – 1:00pm: Christian Dillingham Trio
1:30pm – 3:30pm: Lake Effect Clarinet Quartet
4:00pm – 6:00pm: Fareed Haque and Goran Ivanovich
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 17th
11:00pm – 1:00pm: Katherine Hughes Trio w/ Ken Haebich and Kent Wehman
1:30pm – 3:30pm: Emi Tanabe & Gabriel Dactu Apasionado Duo
4:00pm – 6:00pm: The World Beat Trio w/ percussionists Brandon Podjasek, Tina Laughlin, and Jeff Handley
Businesses participating in RAW include:
· 773 Woodworking
· Akese Stylelines
· Anne Leuck Studio
· Audrey Avril
· Ballroom College
· Begyle Brewing
· Big Teeth Productions
· Bill Bartelt Watercolors
· Blackbird Gallery & Framing
· Chex Studio
· Chicago Map Design
· Dance Colony Studios
· DEFY Bags
· Easel Art Studio
· Edgewater Candles
· Emaloe’s Thingys
· Eric Weinstein Studio
· Eterniday Studio
· Forest Floor Woodworks
· Forteza Fitness & Martial Arts
· Gathering Hands
· J.A. Taylor Art
· KOVAL Distillery
· Laurie Shaman Ceramics
· Lillstreet Art Center
· Locked & Layered
· Lucila’s Alfajores
· Neosho Art
· Ponce Artists
· Redline VR
· Richard Stromberg’s Chicago Photography Classes
· Sophia Reyes Design
· SpiderMeka Portraits
· Starshaped Press
· Studio 104
· VIN 312 Winery
· Wayward Arts
For a full, updated list of participating artists, visit http://ravenswoodchicago.org/signature-events/ravenswood-artwalk/raw-list/.
The Ravenswood ArtWalk is Saturday, September 16th and Sunday, September 17th from 11AM – 6PM. A $5-10 donation is suggested. The event entrance is at Ravenswood & Berteau and stretches from Lawrence to Irving Park. For more information regarding the Ravenswood ArtWalk including a full line-up of performances, participating artists, and a map of RAW, visit: http://ravenswoodartwalk.org/