The Chicago International Movies & Music Festival brings four days of over 99 exceptional films and exciting concerts to Chicago's eclectic Chicago neighborhoods from April 16-19, 2015.
CIMMfest originated from a love of music and film. Musician Josh Chicoine and filmmaker Ilko Davidov imagined the fest and made it a reality seven years ago. Today, the fest is a popular celebration with thousands attending each year. The international films include documentaries, fiction, concert films, shorts, and music videos from all countries and cultures. The music portion of this event recently expanded with more than fifty bands and twenty venues participating the last two years. Learn more about the seventh annual CIMMfest at cimmfest.org.
CIMMfest TICKET OPTIONS
Choose between access to 100+ events for the full four-day experience or a jam-packed day of various concerts and screenings. Buy tickets at cimmfest.org.
4-Day Festival Passes: Get access to all four days of CIMMfest, plus reserved seating for one live music event and two films of your choosing for $75.
VIP Passes: Get access to all four days of CIMMfest, plus reserved seating for three live music events and three films of your choosing for $125.
4-Day Film Passes: Get access to all four days of CIMMfest, plus reserved seating for four films of your choosing for $50.
4-Day Student Passes: Get access to all four days of CIMMfest for $50.
1-Day Passes: Get access to a full day of CIMMfest for only $40.
Spike Lee Pass: Get access to all four days of CIMMfest and City Winery's special event with Spike Lee for $110.
Todd Snider Pass: Get access to all four days of CIMMfest and City Winery's special event with Todd Snider for $75.
Tickets for individual screenings and shows are also available for purchase-prices starting at $10. Buy tickets by clicking on individual shows listed in the 2015 movies and music lineups.
NEW HIGHLY-ANTICIPATED EVENTS
An Evening of Music, Film & Wine with Spike Lee: April 18
Join Brooklyn filmmaker Spike Lee and City Winery Founder Michael Dorf for a discussion on Lee's career, a viewing of selections from his extensive filmography, and a wine pairing specially chosen with Lee's films. Also, guest deejay DJ V-Dub will be spinning a mix of music from selected Spike Lee films.
Free Evening Showcases: April 16-19
CIMMfest is hosting a series of free events as part of the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events' nascent Lake FX Summit + Expo, the inaugural conference for artists, creative professionals, and entrepreneurs. The free evening showcases include a live-scoring of the Indian multimedia Buster Keaton Goes to Bollywood by Sara Ranganathan and Dominic Johnson of New Millenium Orchestra, and Latin Grammy-nominated Sones de Mexico staging a World Premiere performance of the original score for Eisenstein's ¡Que Viva Mexico!
FILM SCREENING HIGHLIGHTS
The world premiere of John Anderson's Sam Lay in Bluesland at Logan Square Theater April 18
- The Chicago premiere of Metallica's Robert Trujillo's film Jaco!, a tribute to the world's greatest bass player Jaco Pastorius, at Logan Square Theater April 18
- The U.S. premiere of the Chinese punk rock documentary Never Release My Fist at Logan Square Theater April 19
- The North American premiere of Brasil Bam Bam Bam at Logan Square Theater April 19
MUST-SEE LIVE PERFORMANCES
Sonic architect Hank Shocklee from Public Enemy's Bomb Squad and Luftwerk technical director Liviu Pasare team up for a DJ event showcasing the premiere of synthesizer doc 808 at 1st Ward April 17
- The world famous Sierra Leone's Refugee All-Stars following their self-titled documentary at Martyr's April 17
- Powerhouse vocalist Lisa Firscher from Twenty Feet from Stardom at Thalia Hall April 18
- Hungarian animation film Fehérlófia live score performed by electronic trio Chandeliers at 1st Ward April 19
UNIQUE FESTIVAL VENUES
A variety of Chicago neighborhood venues are helping play host to CIMMfest No. 7. These venues range from concert spaces, theaters, galleries, and bars in Logan Square, Wicker Park, North Central, Lakeview, the Loop, Pilsen, and Hyde Park. Venues for 2015 include:
- Logan Theatre & Lounge (2646 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL 60647)
- Society for Arts (1112 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL 60642)
- Metro (3730 N Clark St, Chicago, IL)
- Film Row Cinema (600 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60605)
- Emporium Arcade Bar (1366 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL 60622)
- National Museum of Mexican Art (1852 W 19th St, Chicago, IL 60608)
- Subterranean (2011 W North Ave, Chicago, IL 60647)
- City Winery (1200 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL)
Get the full CIMMfest schedule and find information on parking, room bookings, and all the recent CIMMfest news at cimmfest.org.