- Chicago is One of the Destinations on the Rise for Meetings in 2017
- New Restaurants and Bar Coming to Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
- Virgin Hotels Chicago Offers Co-Working Space
- EVA Air Begins Hello Kitty Flights From Taipei To Chicago O’Hare International Airport
- Boleo Named One of the 6 Top Alfresco Dining Restaurants in America by FSR Magazine
- New United Center Atrium Featuring Iconic Michael Jordan Statue Opens
- Chicago’s American Writers Museum One of Smithsonian Magazine’s Nine New Must-See Museums Opening This Year
"Development near Chicago's McCormick Place (the largest convention center in the U.S.) has created a neighborhood and the opportunity for more development that cultivates a true convention center district," says Gary Schirmacher, CMP, Senior Vice President of Industry Presence and Strategic Development for Experient, A Maritz Global Events Company. "Upgrades, expansion, and new hotels, along with an increase in residential, make the McCormick Place district more accessible with less time in the bus lane for big shows."
Four brand-new concepts inspired by the 1893 World’s Columbian Exposition are set to open late spring. Look for Third Star, a restaurant named for the third star on the Chicago city flag; the modern Arc Bar with lounge seating; Sixes & Eights Asian quick-service dining; and The Market, offering coffee drinks.
The new Commons Co-Op offers non-traditional workspace with access to private meeting rooms.
Beginning May 31, 2017, EVA Air Taipei-Chicago O’Hare flights will be serviced with Hello Kitty jets and amenities, which include everything from Hello Kitty-themed snacks to pillows and even toilet paper.
The rooftop Boleo in the Kimpton Gray Hotel is lauded for its year-round dining and stunning city views.
The United Center has moved the popular Michael Jordan statue indoors into its new five-story atrium space, which can be reserved for private events.
CHICAGO'S AMERICAN WRITERS MUSEUM ONE OF THE SMITHSONIAN MAGAZINE'S NINE NEW MUST-SEE MUSEUEMS OPENING THIS YEAR
The revered Smithsonian Magazine named Chicago’s new American Writers Museum, the first of its kind in the country (set to open on May 16), one of the don’t-miss museums opening in 2017 around the world.