Menu
Woman's Athletic Club of Chicago
  • Founded in 1898, the Woman's Athletic Club of Chicago is the first athletic club for women in America. Created "by ladies for ladies", it elected Mrs. Philip D. Armour its first president. The prestigious membership included prominent society and business names like McCormick, Ryerson and Swift. In 1929 the club moved into its own building on North Michigan Avenue. In 1991 this architectural treasure, designed by renowned architect Philip B. Maher, received landmark status in recognition of its beautiful and historically significant exterior.
    General Facility Details
    • Hours of Operation: M: 7am-6pm, T-F: 7am-7:30, S: 8am-5pm, please note this is a private club though