- Willis Tower Plans $500 Million Renovation
- Chicago's American Writers Museum One of Smithsonian Magazine's Nine New Must-See Museums Opening This Year
- New United Center Atrium Featuring Iconic Michael Jordan Statue Opens
- Broadway in Chicago Announces Next Season
- Big Bus Announces Navy Pier Partnership
- Hilton's First Tri-Branded Hotel Breaks Ground at McCormick Place
- Talbott Hotel to Shut Down for $20 Million Renovation
- Travel + Leisure Names The Robey Chicago One of the Best New Hotels in the World
- The Renaissance Blackstone Chicago Hotel Cited by USA Today as One of 11 Hotels in the Country Favored by U.S. Presidents
- Eva Air Begins Hello Kitty Flights from Taipei to Chicago O'Hare International Airport
Six floors of new retail shops, a huge outdoor deck and a winter garden are all part of the Willis Tower renovation project that is scheduled to be completed in summer 2019.
Learn more about Chicago's Willis Tower renovation.
CHICAGO'S AMERICAN WRITERS MUSEUM ONE OF SMITHSONIAN MAGAZINE'S NINE NEW MUST-SEE MUSEUMS OPENING THIS YEAR
The revered Smithsonian Magazine named Chicago's new American Writers Museum, the first of its kind in the country (set to open on May 16), one of the don't-miss museums opening in 2017 around the world.
Read more about the American Writers Museum in Chicago.
The United Center has moved the popular Michael Jordan statue indoors into its new five-story atrium space, which will be open to the public for viewing during specific daily visiting hours.
Get more details on the Michael Jordan statue at Chicago's United Center.
New plays coming up for the end of 2017 and into early 2018 include School of Rock, Wicked and The Humans.
Learn more about Broadway in Chicago's upcoming productions.
Big Bus Tours — the largest operator of open-top sightseeing tours in the world — announced an exclusive partnership with Navy Pier, the top-visited destination in the Midwest. The London-based company will serve as the Pier's exclusive provider of public bus tours and preferred provider of private charters for events hosted at the iconic cultural landmark. While Big Bus Chicago's tour route has included Navy Pier in the past, the new relationship will offer an increased presence on an exclusive level moving forward, benefitting both sides as the Pier also looks to enhance its programming and guest experience.
Learn more about Big Bus in Chicago.
Hilton recently broke ground at Chicago's McCormick Place on its first tri-branded property—which combines a Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn and Home2 Suites—slated to open in late 2018.
See more information on this major Chicago hotel project.
Chicago's historic Talbott Hotel has temporarily closed as it undergoes a $20 million renovation, including the addition of new rooms, with an expected May reopening.
Learn more about Chicago's Talbott Hotel renovation.
The Robey Chicago made Travel + Leisure's list of favorite new hotels to open around the globe last year.
Get more details on The Robey Chicago hotel.
THE RENAISSANCE BLACKSTONE CHICAGO HOTEL CITED BY USA TODAY AS ONE OF 11 HOTELS IN THE COUNTRY FAVORED BY U.S. PRESIDENTS
Dating back to 1910, the Blackstone has hosted more than a dozen presidents, including Teddy Roosevelt and Jimmy Carter.
Learn more about the Renaissance Blackstone Chicago Hotel.
Beginning May 31, 2017, Eva Air Taipei-Chicago O'Hare flights will be serviced with Hello Kitty jets and amenities, which include everything from Hello Kitty-themed snacks to pillows and even toilet paper.
Learn more about Eva Air's Hello Kitty flights to Chicago.