CENTRAL STANDARD OPEN FOR SPRING
Central Standard opened in River North as a farm-to-tavern restaurant producing dishes inspired from locations around the country while using local ingredients. Central Standard is centrally located across from the Merchandise Mart and hosts smaller events and meetings.
- Entire space can be rented to fit 250 with custom menu options and full-service staff.
- A private dining room (located upstairs) holds 24 people.
Learn more about Central Standard.
AY CHIWOWA OPEN FOR SPRING
Ay Chiwowa is the newest member of the Rockit Ranch Productions' family (Rockit Burger Bar, The Underground, Sunda) infusing Mexican pop culture with a modern atmosphere. The large tequila menu (more than 80 available), delicious Mexican cuisine and a floorplan of four different "environments" is inviting for parties of all sizes.
- The entire venue can be rented out to hold events for 145 guests.
- The main bar area holds 65, while the middle space that has a DJ room with a bar holds 50 guests. The rear lounge holds 30. If combined, the DJ room and lounge can host functions for 80.
- This spring, their garden patio will open and offer room for 30.
Learn more about Ay Chiwowa
HOWELLS & HOOD OFFER NEW MEETING LOCATION
Howells & Hood opened in the iconic Tribune Tower. The restaurant is globally inspired and offers over 114 beers on tap.
- The East Banquet room is designed specifically for large private events and holds 250 for cocktail receptions or 160 seated. The area has retractable floor-to-ceiling glass walls overlooking a patio with built-in DJ booth.
- The Crown is on the 25th floor and offers 360-degree views of the city with an indoor lounge and veranda tucked into one of the building's flying buttresses.
Learn about Howell & Hood's additional event spaces.
IGNITE GLASS STUDIOS SERVES ART ON THE SIDE
This unique studio/event space opened in the West Loop in October and is now available for private events. Events can be held adjacent to the glass blowing studio offering an industrial, artisan feel.
- The venue's 18-seat conference room has an LCD projector and presentation equipment, Wi-Fi, and a direct line.
- A 4,000-square-foot space adjacent to the glass blowing studio seats 220 or holds 400 guests standing.
- The Urban Garden (2,000 square feet) decorated with beautiful glass pieces and winding walkways will host outdoor functions.
miss the 1,200-square-foot rooftop space that offers views of the city skyline.
image credit: Central Standard
image credit 2: Ay Chiwowa
image credit 3: Howells & Hood
image credit 4: Ignite Glass