Statement from Choose Chicago for Meeting and Event Professionals
Choose Chicago continues to monitor the evolving situation surrounding COVID-19. We stand with our industry colleagues in encouraging continued participation in events and meetings in Chicago and the entire United States, while consulting with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local public health authorities.
Sharing information with our citizens, travelers, attendees, exhibitors and employees is of the utmost importance to Choose Chicago. In addition, the importance of events and meetings as a job creator and economic driver for our city and our customers should be acknowledged, appreciated and supported.
We have included several resources for you and your constituents that include relevant information and updates regarding Chicago, while also providing a national context on this important issue.
- The City of Chicago shares local updates, travel alerts and tips to help minimize risk.
- McCormick Place shares details about their safety and cleaning precautions.
- Meetings Mean Business shares talking points and templates for meeting professionals.
- The U.S. Travel Association offers healthy travel practices and guidance for travelers.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) features the latest global updates, health and travel information and guidance for large gatherings.
- The World Health Organization offers advice, reports and updates on the outbreak.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.