In honor to a most sacred of foods, the entire month of August is dedicated to straight up sandwiches: welcome to National Sandwich Month. To pay homage to these delectable bites, restaurants around Chicago are offering "sneak peeks" at their tastiest sandwiches available throughout the month of August. Be sure to drop by some of these fantastic locations for their take on the importance of a sandwich.
- American Craft Kitchen & Bar presents "The Perfect Pork Sandwich," that guests are invited to enjoy while taking in the sweet summer views at the Hyatt Chicago.
- Filini has created the "Muffoletta" sandwich with mortadella, soppressata, Italian ham, Olive spread and provolone, and asks guests to time how long it takes to finish the muffoletta and tweet their record times to @FiliniChicago.
- Lobby Lounge has created the "Mini Italian Beef Sandwiches" with local white horseradish cheddar and homemade pickles for true Chicagoans to double dip at the JW Marriot Hotel Lobby Lounge.
- Mercadito is introducing their Carne Torta Mexican Sandwich, "your new major amigo," made with rosemary-marinated skirt steak, potato-poblano rajas, avocado-tomatillo cream and topped with crispy Manchego - more than "just a Mexican sandwich."
- Mercat a la planxa builds their Mercat Burger only with bread grilled to perfection to surround an 8 ounce black Angus burger patty, La Peral, pardon peppers, and red wine onion jam.
- Organic Life revamps an old favorite with the "Call Me Reuben" sandwich, a compilation of lean corned beef, house-picked coleslaw, baby Swiss, sharp cheddar, and classic Thousand Island dressing.
- Sepia has created a Michelin-starred Club Sandwich with housemade bacon, bread, turkey and special sauce along with, of course, Sepia duck fat fries.
- Sumi Robata Bar Chef Gene Kato has devised a fresh take on the concept of a sandwich with the Beer Tsukune Slider, an award-winning sandwich on a stick made with housemade bao bun and miso mustard.