The NFL will bring new experiences and more interactive attractions to Chicago when Grant Park transforms into Draft Town presented by Oikos Triple Zero. Spanning 20 football fields, Draft Town is a free admission, three-day outdoor football festival for families and fans of all ages April 28-30, the NFL announced today.
The following describes enhancements and details for both Selection Square Driven by Hyundai and Draft Town presented by Oikos Triple Zero. Highlights include:
- Selection Square - New location, accommodating more fans and opportunities.
- Draft Town - Larger footprint, providing easier access to attractions and less crowding.
- Attractions - New and enhanced attractions, including an NFL themed Ferris wheel, the College Football Corner exhibit, the latest virtual reality technology, the largest assortment of exclusive draft products and more.
- Official App - Official guide for fans, featuring the best ways to navigate Draft Town.
The NFL launched its official companion app for the NFL Draft, Fan Mobile Pass - NFL Draft. The app guides visitors through Draft Town presented by Oikos Triple Zero and provides exclusive chances to win prizes - including tickets to a Chicago Bears game, the ability to collect badges at interactive events and more. Fans may download the app at NFL.com/DraftApp.
Fans may visit NFL.com/DraftTown, follow @NFL on Twitter and use #NFLDraft for the most up-to-date information. Fans are encouraged to share their experiences in Chicago using #DraftTown.
Selection Square Driven By Hyundai:
Located next to the iconic Buckingham Fountain, Selection Square Driven by Hyundai's new location will provide a larger footprint to accommodate a greater number of fans and will celebrate Chicago by incorporating the landmark into Draft programming.
The epicenter of the Draft, Selection Square Driven by Hyundai, features all 32 team tables where representatives from NFL teams will make their Draft selections throughout the three days. It will feature enhanced seating area sight lines, a larger stage, more standing room and opportunities for fans to win prizes and gain access to seats through the Fan Mobile Pass - NFL Draft app.
Upon selection, Draft Picks in attendance will be featured outside in Selection Square Driven by Hyundai for interviews in front of the crowd. Selection Square Driven by Hyundai will include NFL Network produced live programming all three days of the Draft.
Draft Town presented by Oikos Triple Zero:
Spanning the size of more than 20 football fields, up from 15 last year, the expanded Draft Town celebration will feature interactive games, food, free player autographs, youth football clinics and more. No tickets are required.
Grant Park's famous Buckingham Fountain will be illuminated in the colors of the team that is on the clock during the Draft's first two nights.
Draft Town hours of operation are: Thursday, April 28: 12-10 p.m.; Friday, April 29: 12-10 p.m.; and Saturday, April 30: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
An assortment of Draft Town fan experiences are detailed below:
- The Vince Lombardi Trophy - Fans may take their photo with the NFL's most iconic trophy.
- 1st Round Draft Wheel presented by Oikos Triple Zero - Take a ride on the Draft Ferris wheel and get a bird's eye view of Draft Town and Chicago.
- AFC & NFC Locker Rooms - Visit a replica NFL locker room as it appears on gameday. Experience the sights of the real NFL pregame with sleek translucent LCDs.
- NFL Museum (Pro Football Hall of Fame display area) - This exhibit features historical Bears memorabilia, Super Bowl rings and Conference Championship trophies. Fans may get their bronze bust digitized.
- College Football Corner - View College Football Hall of Fame memorabilia from former first round Draft picks and Bears legends, and cheer on Draft prospects from your favorite college team. Life size player mannequins offer unique photo opportunities.
- AFC & NFC Stages - Visit the stages featuring appearances by NFL team mascots, cheerleaders and drumlines.
- NFL Virtual Reality - Experience NFL games using virtual reality technology.
- Draft Town Tailgate - Enjoy selections from some of Chicago's best restaurants in a "taste of the town" tailgate.
- NFL Network Set - Watch NFL Network analysts MARSHALL FAULK, MICHAEL IRVIN and KURT WARNER break down the NFL Draft.
- ESPN Set - Check out SportsCenter LIVE from Draft Town.
Activating in unprecedented and bigger ways, below is a sampling of how some NFL sponsors are participating in the Draft Town festivities:
- NFL Shop at Draft presented by Visa - Stop by for the largest assortment of NFL Draft merchandise, including customizable Nike Jerseys and the official 2016 NFL Draft Cap by New Era and exclusive Draft caps.
- NFL Draft Set presented by Nationwide - Visit the official NFL Draft set and take your spot behind the podium.
- Wilson Football Factory - See how official NFL game balls are individually produced. Authentic 2016 NFL Draft game balls will be manufactured and sold on-site.
- NFL Draft Tavern presented by Bud Light - The hottest place to drink the coldest beer and support your team during the NFL Draft.
- Pepsi NFL Helmet Photo Opportunity - As you enter Draft Town, find your favorite NFL team and take your photo next to the oversized team helmet - share your photos through your favorite social channel through the Draft Town Fan Mobile Pass.
- Bridgestone - Dive into the action at the 2016 Bridgestone Experience located in Draft Town. Make the winning catch in our football photo experience or challenge your friends to aninteractive football game.
- Skittles Makes the 2016 NFL Draft Awesomer - Stop by the Skittles Locker Room for one-of-a-kind photo opportunity, and grab a bag of Skittles.
- Oikos Triple Zero Sampling - Visit the Oikos Triple Zero truck to sample the Official Yogurt of the NFL! Oikos Triple Zero - Be Unstoppable!
- Courtyard- Courtyard,the Official Hotel of the NFL, will return to Draft Town, with "Courtyard @", its annual road trip that brings casual cool experiences to the year's hottest cultural events. Fans will have access to NFL stars, compete to win prizes and experience Courtyard's hospitality.
- MTN DEW - Stop by to try up to 12 flavors of Mtn. Dew products and check out a unique sampling vehicle, which includes Mtn. Dew Green Label Sound tracks.
- VISA - See the 2016 NFL Draft in a whole new light as Visa brings you top Draft picks training in 360 virtual reality. So no matter how you pay and no matter what the season has in store, choose Visa.
- Introducing 1893 From the Makers of Pepsi - Come visit the mobile "Tasting Room" to experience a line of new beverages inspired by the original recipes created back in 1893 by Pepsi Soda Craftsmen.
- FedEx Shipping Center - Send home your officially licensed NFL Draft merchandise from the convenient FedEx Office Shipping Center located outside of the NFL Shop.
- Hyundai - Visit Hyundai at the NFL Draft where guests will have the opportunity to check out the latest vehicles Hyundai has to offer and win great prizes after taking a brand survey.
- Verizon - Complimentary charging will be provided for all fans with options to charge up for a few minutes or drop off your phone for a few hours.
- Tostitos Cantina - Engage with current and former NFL players while they talk about their experiences during past NFL Drafts and grab a bag of Tostitos Cantina Chipotle Thins.
Draft Town will feature themed areas and events such as Combine Corner, NFL PLAY 60 Clinic Field presented by Danimals, NFL PLAY 60 Zone presented by Danimals and the NFL Draft Family Football Clinic. From Super Bowl champions to Hall of Famers, several former players will be attending the Draft. Additional details are listed below.
From racing against NFL players to running pass routes, fans may test their football and athletic skills at Combine Corner. Featured attractions include:
- Vertical Jump - Take your position at the vertical jump, and find out what the difference between your reach and the flag you hit is, just like at the NFL Scouting Combine.
- 40-Yard Dash - Race down the field against NFL players on a 40-yard long LED wall!
NFL PLAY 60 Clinic Field presented by Danimals
The NFL and USA Football will host youth football clinics. Local USA Football coaches and NFL players will demonstrate Heads Up tackling amongst other skills and drills.
On-field football clinics are open to boys and girls ages 6-14. Clinics are free and open on a first-come, first-served basis.
Thursday, April 28: 4 to 8 p.m.
Friday, April 29: 4 to 8 p.m.
Saturday, April 30: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
NFL PLAY 60 Zone presented by Danimals
An interactive area specifically designed for the youngest NFL fans, the NFL PLAY 60 Zone presented by Danimals includes an obstacle course, the NFL PLAY 60 Bus and more. A sampling of attractions include:
- NFL PLAY 60 Zone Obstacle Course - Race through agility drills just like the pros. Test your high jump abilities and weave through mini tackling dummies.
- Kids' Long Snap - Test the ability to snap the ball like a pro.
- Kids' Quarterback Challenge - Test your passing skills.
- Gear Up and Go - Try on NFL equipment and feel what it's like to gear up for gameday.
- Kids' Extra Point Kick - Test your ability to kick a field goal through the uprights.
NFL Draft Family Football Clinic
The NFL and USA Football will host a free Family Football Clinic on Saturday, April 30 at the PLAY 60 Clinic Field presented by Danimals from 9:30 - 11 a.m. Registration begins at 9 a.m.
Clinic participants will include NFL Consultant on Youth Football CHRIS GOLIC and her husband MIKE GOLIC of ESPN's Mike & Mike, as well as local youth and high school coaches and representatives from the Chicago Bears.
This fun family event will give kids an opportunity to participate in a youth football clinic while parents listen to football-themed discussion panels. The event will conclude with kids and parents taking the field together to participate side-by-side in Heads Up Football Tackling drills.
Fans can register for the free Family Football Clinic using the Fan Mobile Pass - NFL Draft app, which can be downloaded at NFL.com/DraftApp.
NFL FLAG Football Festival
Together with USA Football and Chicago Sport & Social Club, the NFL will host the second-annual NFL FLAG Football Festival on Saturday, April 30, in Grant Park. The event is open to youth and adults, and games will be played on Hutchinson Fields. Teams can register at nflflagfestival.com in the following categories:
- 7/8 co-ed, 9/10 co-ed, 11/12 co-ed, 13/14 boys, 15/16 boys,15/16 girls, adult co-ed recreational, adult co-ed intermediate, adult women's, and adult men's.
Draft Town Autograph Stage
Fans may get free autographs from current NFL players and NFL Legends. Below is the tentative autograph schedule.
- Thursday, April 28 and Friday, April 29:
12:30 - 2 p.m.; 2 - 4 p.m.; 4 - 6 p.m.; 6 - 8 p.m.; 8 - 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 30:
10 - 11:30 a.m.; 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.; 1 - 2:30 p.m.; 2:30 - 4 p.m.;
4 - 5:30 p.m.
Legends Attending the Draft:
As previously announced, the following is a sampling of NFL Legends who will be attending the Draft. A complete list of Legends and players attending will be announced at a later date.
- Shaun Alexander
- Willie Brown***
- Dick Butkus***
- Larry Csonka***
- Daunte Culpepper
- Isaac Curtis
- Chris Gamble
- Rodney Hampton
- Eric Hill
- Jevon Kearse
- Jim Kelly***
- Deuce McAllister
- Orlando Pace***
- Chad Pennington
- Tony Richardson
- Fred Taylor
- Jerry Sisemore
- Paul Warfield***
- Bryant Young
Between the confirmed Legends attending Draft (listed above), there are:
- 19 Super Bowl appearances
- 8 Super Bowl victories
- 64 Pro Bowl selections
- 6 Hall of Fame inductees (designated above with ***)
Providing a safe and secure environment for fans at all NFL events is always a priority. Security screening at Draft Town presented by Oikos Triple Zero and at the Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University will be enhanced. For detailed security information and prohibited items, visit NFL.com/DraftTown.
# # #