Maria’s Packaged Goods & Community Bar has been operating in Bridgeport since 1986 as a classic slashie – half liquor store, half neighborhood tavern. It was formerly known as Kaplan’s Liquors in homage to the original owners who founded it in 1939. In the summer of 2010 Maria handed over the reins of the business to her two sons, Ed and Mike, who have worked the counter and stick with her these past two decades. They reopened the bar and officially dubbed it Maria’s to honor their mother. Maria’s is the only beer/liquor store in the neighborhood that focuses specifically on offering artisanal and craft beers and spirits for sale. And our offerings change weekly. We carry hundreds of craft beers in bottles, cans and on tap. In fact we may serve the largest selection of craft beer in the city (we currently have over 450 different beers on our menu). The bar also features traditional and remixed classic cocktails as well as many liquors, spirits and beverages distilled and brewed locally and regionally.