Menu
Margie's Candies
  • Three scoops of ice cream. Whipped cream. Nuts. And a river of rich, bittersweet hot fudge. To many, that's heaven in a white clamshell dish. A venerable Chicago institution known far and wide, Margie's Candies has delighted young and old with our homemade sundaes, shakes and hand-dipped candies for more than 90 years. Our love story with everything sweet and decadent began in 1921, when Peter George Poulos opened an ice cream parlor on the North Side. The shop became known as Margie's Candies in 1933, when Poulos' son George Peter Poulos married his sweetheart, Margie Michaels.
    General Facility Details
    • Hours of Operation: M-Th: 9am-10pm, F: 9am-11pm, S: 10am-12am, Su: 11am-10pm