- This event has passed.
UChicago Podcast Festival
Join us for the first UCPN Podcast Festival, a three-day event full of captivating stories, fascinating discussions, and intellectual insights. The festival will take place on Oct. 3-5, 2023 at the University of Chicago’s Institute for Mathematical and Statistical Innovation Auditorium, 1155 E. 60th Street in Chicago.
The University of Chicago Podcast Network leverages the diverse talent and unique thinking of those affiliated with the University of Chicago to create compelling podcasts that inform and entertain a wide public audience.
Connect with fellow podcast enthusiasts and discover new shows that will leave you feeling inspired. You’ll have the opportunity to learn more about the unique intellectual community at the University of Chicago by hearing faculty and experts being interviewed for the following UCPN shows:
- Why This Universe Live with Daniel Holz and Diana Powell – October 3, from 4:30pm to 5:30pm
- Nine Questions with Eric Oliver interviewing Prof. Susan Goldin-Meadow on her new book “Thinking with Your Hands: The Surprising Science Behind How Gestures Shape Our Thoughts” on October 3, from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Entitled with Tom Ginsburg and Genevieve Lakier on Free Speech, October 4, from 1:30pm to 2:30pm
- Not Another Politics Podcast Live, October 4, from 3 – 4 p.m.
- Big Brains podcast interviewing Steven Levitt of Freakonomics on October 5, from 1-2 p.m.
- Capitalisnt’s podcast featuring a live AMA with Luigi Zingales from the Chicago Booth School of Business, October 5, from 3-4 p.m. If you are a University of Chicago student looking to win a chance to interview Professor Zingales on stage, submit it here by Wednesday, September 27, 2023.
Engage in lively discussions, ask burning questions and exchange ideas with like-minded individuals who share your passion for podcasts. Whether you’re a podcast creator or a devoted listener, this is an event you won’t want to miss!
This event is free, but space is limited. Please note that registration and a ticket is required for individual events to guarantee admission.