- This event has passed.
Each May, World Fair Trade Day is celebrated by tens of thousands of people in dozens of countries. For fifteen years, Chicago Fair Trade has organized the largest World Fair Trade Day in the U.S.
On Saturday, May 14, Chicago Fair Trade’s member businesses, organizations and allies are hosting multiple events throughout the city to showcase how they support economic and environmental justice. As an attendee you will receive a virtual passport to use when checking in at different stops. Check in at three or more stops and you’ll be entered to win a fair trade raffle (over $200 in value!). Proposed itineraries will be neighborhood-based for easy access and an interactive map listing all participating locales will be available on our website.
Here is a sneak peak of some of the day’s activities:
- Kick-off event hosted by Jerome McDonnell at Metropolis Coffee’s roasterie in Avondale
- Fair trade pop up markets featuring CFT business members at University Church in Hyde Park, St John’s Episcopal Church in Old Irving Park, and Christ United Methodist Church in Deerfield
- A fair trade sample sale at Sobremesa’s warehouse in West Garfield Park
- Fair trade cocktails and tours at local indie designer Production Mode in Pilsen
- Studio tours and weaving demos at the Weaving Mill in Humboldt Park
- Shopping, shopping and more shopping at the Andersonville Galleria, Union Handmade, Embellish, and Eco & the Flamingo
- Suburban locations include Glen Ellyn, Oak Park, and Evanston
Join our growing network of conscious consumers and show your commitment to building a better, more just and equitable world. We hope you are able to join us on this celebratory day!