2021 Virtual Chicago Polar Plunge
The annual Chicago Polar Plunge, which benefits the 7500 athletes of the Special Olympics Chicago/Special Children’s Charities program, will be a virtual event for the first-time in its 21-year history, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. From March 1 – 7, new and former plungers will have the opportunity to plunge safely in a setting of their choosing – whether it be jumping in the snow or running through a sprinkler. Registration is now open for the virtual Chicago Polar Plunge by visiting www.chicagopolarplunge.org. An incredible array of prizes and incentives await those who register and fundraise. Prizes include:
- A Peloton bike or exercise mirror to those who raise $25,000;
- Two round-trip tickets on United Airlines to the first plunger to raise $2,100;
- Choice of Polar Plunge towel, wireless speaker or water bottle to all who raise $300;
- An official Chicago Polar Plunge t-shirt for all those who fundraise $200;
- A Chicago Polar Plunge neck gaiter to the first 200 people who register;
- A number of other prizes such as Yeti coolers, televisions, Apple® Ipads
and Airpods will also be awarded to top fundraisers.
A virtual melt-down party will take place on Sunday, March 7th, where photos and video clips of participating teams and individuals will be showcased. Special Olympics Chicago athletes, various Plunge Teams, local dignitaries and celebrities will also make appearances. The winners of the annual costume contest and most creative plunge awards will also be announced.