Calling all theater loving foodies! Broadway In Chicago's latest production To Master the Art, by William Brown and Doug Frew, will now host pre-show cooking demos at Sur la Table and post-show Q&A discussions with some of Chicago's top chefs and restaurateurs, making for the perfect gourmet date night.
To Master the Art paints the picture of Julia and Paul Child's romantic sojourn in Paris during the 1950s. Fine food and wine is at the center of their epic love story. Follow along as Julia and Paul's culinary adventures take them from the bistros of Paris to their own kitchen table, where Julia follows her dream of mastering the art of French cuisine.
Pre-show, enjoy the ultimate foodie experience with a French-inspired hands-on cooking class at Sur La Table, a culinary goods store with a brand-new in-store kitchen located just two blocks from To Master the Art in the 900 North Michigan Shops, before select performances at the Broadway Playhouse at Water Tower Place (175 E. Chestnut). A Sur La Table resident chef will demonstrate easy, traditional French cooking techniques that are easy enough to recreate at home.
On select Wednesdays, post-show, enjoy a discussion with such notable Chicago chefs as Chef Dominique Tougne, Executive Chef and owner of Chez Moi, on Sept. 18, 2013; Chef Didier Durand, Executive Chef and owner of Cyrano's Farm Kitchen, on Sept. 25, 2013; Chef John Asbaty of Panozzo's Italian Market on Oct. 2, 2013; Chef Martial Noguier, Executive Chef and owner of Bistronomic on Oct. 9, 2013; and George and Christina Lemperis, Owner and Manager of The Palace Grill, on Oct. 16, 2013.
Sur La Table classes are prior to the To Master the Art performances will be offered on the following dates:
· Wednesday, September 25 matinee: Class will be 11:30am - 1:30pm; performance at 2pm
· Wednesday, September 25 evening: Class will be 5 - 7pm; performance at 7:30pm
· Sunday, September 29 matinee: class at 5 - 7pm; show at 2pm*
· Wednesday, October 2 evening: Class will be 5 - 7pm; performance at 7:30pm
· Sunday, October 6 matinee: class at 11:30am - 1:30pm; show at 2pm
· Wednesday, October 9 matinee: Class will be 11:30am-1:30pm; performance at 2pm
· Tuesday, October 15: Class at 5 - 7pm; show at 7:30pm
· Wednesday, October 16 matinee: Class will be 11:30am-1:30pm; performance at 2pm
· Wednesday, October 16 evening: Class at 5 - 7pm; show at 7:30pm
*NOTE: Class is following performance for September 29
Tickets for To Master the Art at the Broadway Playhouse at Water Tower Place range from $25-$75. A select number of premium seats are also available for many performances. Tickets are available at all Broadway In Chicago Box Offices (24 W. Randolph St., 151 W. Randolph St., 18 W. Monroe St. and 175 E. Chestnut), the Broadway In Chicago Ticket Kiosk at Water Tower Place (845 N. Michigan Ave.), the Broadway In Chicago Ticket Line at (800) 775-2000, all Ticketmaster retail locations and online at www.BroadwayInChicago.com. To book the Sur la Table Cooking Class and To Master the Art together, click here.