Visually, Cirque du Solei's "Kurios: Cabinet of Curiosities" is a stunner. But the show's stats are fascinating as well. Here's a by-the-numbers guide to what it takes to pull off the production under the blue and yellow big top parked in the United Center parking lot.
- 109 - Number of people touring with Kurios
- 21 - Number of nationalities represented in the Kurios cast
- 1,200 - Number of stakes driven into the lot to anchor the Kurios tents
- 800 - Number of individual costume pieces in Kurios
- 24 - Hours costumes spend being laundered each week
- 0 - Number of make-up assistants. Performers do their own
- 426 - Number of props used in the show, a Cirque du Soleil record
- 122, 400; 90,000-93,600 - Respectively, boxes of popcorn, cups of soda and reusable water bottles sold annually at Kurios
- 20 - Number of street performers in Cirque's original 1984 street performance
- 4,000 - Number of Cirque employees today
- 150 million - Number of people who have seen a Cirque show
- 1 - Number of continents Cirque has not performed on
- 300, 40 - Respectively, number of cities and countries Cirque has performed
- 500 - 1,000 - Number of tickets donated to charities in each city Cirque performs
"Kurios" is a visual masterpiece and a thrilling production throughout. Don't you dare miss it.
Tickets to "Kurios: Cabinet of Curiousities" range from $35 to $145. For tickets and more information, go to cirquedusoleil.com/kurios or call 1-877-9 CIRQUE (1-877-924-7783).