Halloween isn't just for kids; adults want to celebrate it too! But if your idea of tasty treats doesn't involve Tootsie Rolls and Smarties, finding a fun Halloween event where you actually want to eat the food can be challenging. Lucky for you, Chicago has some very creative culinary minds. From gourmet adult trick-or-treating to pre-fix dinners in a death disco, these Chicago restaurants are dishing up Halloween events fit for foodies — spirits included![more]
1. Frontback Steakhouse at Maple & Ash
On Halloween night, Chicago's new favorite steakhouse is dressing up as America's favorite "no rules, just right" Australian-style steakhouse. For one night only, "Frontback Steakhouse" will offer:
- Special décor and costumed servers
- Chef Danny Grant's interpretation of signature Aussie-inspired items
- Aussie-Style Caviar Service: White Sturgeon Caviar (1oz) served with an onion blossom
- Awesome Aussie Steak Add-Ons like: Barbie-Q shrimp, coconut shrimp and onion rings
Monday, October 31. Regular dinner hours. Reservations are recommended and can be made by calling the restaurant at 312-944-8888 or online.
2. Stranger Pings at AceBounce
This Halloween you can don your best 80's getup, step into the upside-down and relive your favorite Stranger Things moments at AceBounce's Stranger Pings Halloween Party. Tickets include:
- "Stranger Drinks" aka select cocktails & 80's themed appetizers from Chef Rick Gresh included 8PM-10PM. Full cash bar and menu 10PM to close.
- UNLIMITED ping pong all night.
- 80's influenced party tracks by DJ Barb and Steve.
- A UV upside-down land, Stranger Things themed games and areas to explore (if you dare).
- Awesome prizes for best costumes, including the chance to win a year of FREE Ping Pong.
Saturday, October 29. 8PM-1AM. Tickets are $29 (early bird) or $40 (general). This event is 21+
- Candy Corn Route: Andies Restaurant, First Slice Pie Café, George's Ice Cream and Sweets, Jerry's, JB's Deli, KOVAL Distillery, La Colombe, Middle East Bakery & Grocery, Misericordia's Hearts and Flour Bakery Shop, Vincent and the Wooden Spoon.
- Carmel Apple Route: Defloured Bakery, Fireside Restaurant, Goddess and Grocer, Kopi Café, KOVAL Distillery, M Henry, My Private Chef, Pastoral Artisan Cheese, Bread, and Wine, Pork Shoppe, Starbucks and TrueNorth Café
Sunday, October 30, from 2-5pm. Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 on the weekend of the event.
4. Pumpkin Carving at Bottlefork
Who says grown-ups can't carve pumpkins? Put your Halloween Wars-style sculpting skills to the test at Bottlefork this Thursday. Your ticket includes:
- Pumpkin and carving tools.
- An interactive pumpkin carving lesson lead by Bottlefork's Chef.
- One glass of craft beer, wine or cider.
Thursday, October 27, 5PM and 7PM. Tickets are $25.
5. Disco is Undead at Fat Rice
Grab your bell bottoms and try to stay alive as Fat Rice transforms into a disco inferno for Halloween. Your "Death Sentence" includes:
- A 5-course dinner with drink pairings, including: shrimp cocktail, steak, chocolate cake, wine, cocktails and more.
- Access to the Haunted Dance Hall in The Bakery at Fat Rice, where all the soulless jive-tukeys can bust a move in their platform shoes.
Saturday, October 29. Seatings at 5:30, 7:30 and 9:30 p.m. Tickets are $115 (inclusive of tax and gratuity).
Header image: M. Henry photo courtesy of Andersonville Chamber of Commerce.