Chicago Gourmet 2013 (September 27-29, 2013), now in its sixth year, is one of the city's most anticipated culinary events. More than 150 of Chicago's best restaurants and chefs (as well as mixologists, wine makers and craft brewers) will pack Millennium Park to offer a sophisticated taste Chicago. Guests can expect a packed schedule of cooking demonstrations, gourmet tastings and seminars, but this year's event also promises an incredible Grand Cru.
The Grand Cru Tasting - which takes place from 2-4 p.m. each day of Chicago Gourmet and features the world's finest wines and the nation's top Master Sommeliers - is a separate ticketed event at $199 per person, plus the cost of general admission.
In 2013, the Grand Cru has been enhanced with exclusive culinary tastings from 10 internationally renowned chefs from around the globe, five of whom carry esteemed Michelin stars. Every visiting chef has been paired with a Chicago-based, Michelin-starred counterpart to host throughout the weekend and also present a side-by-side tasting at the Grand Cru. The international chefs come from all over the globe - hailing from France, Spain, Norway, Latvia, UK, Belgium, Sweden, Japan, Mexico, and Canada.
The chefs include:
- Chef Hideaki Matsuo of Osaka, Japan (Kashiwaya) Hosted by Chef Takashi Yagihashi (Takashi, Slurping Turtle)
- Chef Jordi Vilà of Barcelona, Spain (Alkimia) Hosted by Chef Tony Mantuano (Spiaggia)
- Chef Lionel Rigolet of Brussels, Belgium (Comme chez Soi) Hosted by Chef Andrew Zimmerman (Sepia)
- Chef Stefan Karlsson of Gothenburg, Sweden (Fond) Hosted by Chef Homaro Cantu (MOTO)
- Chef Anthony Fusco of Lyon, France (La Table Lachassagne) Hosted by Chef Graham Elliot (Graham Elliot)
- Chef Svetlana Riskova of Riga, Latvia Hosted by Chef Carrie Nahabedian (NAHA)
- Chef Ángel Vazquez of Puebla, Mexico (Intro: In?uence by Flavor) Hosted by Chef Carlos Gaytan (Mexique)
- Chef Martin Juneau of Montreal, Canada (Pastaga) Hosted by Chef Chris Nugent (Goosefoot)
- Chef Aktar Islam of Birmingham, United Kingdom (Lasan) Hosted by Jared Wentworth (Longman & Eagle)
- Chef Tommy Raanti of Stavanger, Norway Hosted by Chef Thomas Lents (Sixteen)
For more information on Grand Cru, Chicago Gourmet, or to plan out your weekend with a full schedule of events, click here.
Help us keep the lights on by subscribing to Chicago Like a Local. For your efforts, we'll deliver awesome stories (like this one) to your inbox. Do we have a deal?