In 2011, the editors of Vogue Knitting launched Vogue Knitting LIVE, Oct. 2-4 bringing together thousands of knitting enthusiasts for a weekend show filled with fashion, fiber and education. Featuring beginner- to master-level hand-knitting classes, a high-end shopping experience, knit-couture fashion shows, a knit art gallery and more, Vogue Knitting LIVE is the place to be for anyone that wants to experience a fun, quirky, creative event.
Vogue Knitting LIVE will take place at the Palmer House Hilton Hotel (17 E. Monroe St.). All weekend long, seasoned knitters and crocheters, as well as those totally new to the craft, will experience the ultimate in fashion, fiber and education with the chance to learn from top talent of the knitting and crocheting worlds via hundreds of exciting classes and socializing at a variety of special affairs including a cocktail party and gala dinner featuring keynote speaker and best-selling author Rachael Herron. Other highlights for attendees include:
- Free learn-to-knit and learn-to-crochet classes and friendship bracelet-making and a free Chicago Skyline Pullover pattern.
- Hundreds of classes, workshops, demos and lectures (everything from beginning knitting and crochet and challenging stitches from Japanese Design to taking proper measurements and writing sweater patterns).
- A marketplace featuring thousands of products including interesting, hard-to-find fibers, accessories, patterns and more.
- An offbeat art gallery featuring works from renowned artists from Chicago and throughout the U.S. including unique pieces like a six-foot-tall hand knit forest dragon, tiny knitted gnomes and toys, natural fiber and beeswax wall art and fiber and wire mixed media sculptures.
- Couture fashion shows spotlighting today's hottest garments and a "Readers on the Runway" fashion show where Vogue Knitting readers will be modeling fashions straight out of the magazine that they made with their own two hands.
- A scavenger hunt for miniature knitted hotdogs hidden throughout the marketplace with exciting prizes.
- Raffles, giveaways and celebrity book signings.
Tickets can be purchased online or at the door. Kids under 12 are free and students receive 50% off of their marketplace tickets and $15 off classes with proof of Student ID. General pricing and more details can be found at vogueknittinglive.com.