LollaShop, Lollapalooza's official pop-up store, is back for a second straight year. Open now through Monday, August 5 at 332 S. Michigan Ave., this place offers official Lollapalooza merchandise, free yoga, scheduled performances, and opportunities to win free tickets. From Gap's official Lollapalooza t-shirts to shoes, hats, and more, this place has everything you need to hit Grant Park's powerhouse music festival in style.
What's new this year?
Debuting this year, LollaCart will be an extension of LollaShop located at The Shops at North Bridge on The Magnificent Mile. The festival kiosk will have Lolla-branded gear and the official commemorative T-shirt provided by Gap available for purchase.
Flat Out Yoga, a 45-minute Vinyasa, will be led by instructor Margo Kellison on Saturday, August 3, and Sunday, August 4, at 8 am. In addition to the complimentary class, attendees will receive a Flat Out Hunger Intervention Kit with snacks to rejuvenate after the session.
What's going on at the shop?
Between browsing, shoppers are welcome to hang out in the LollaShop Lounge and take in live performances on the Fender Stage, participate in yoga sessions, enjoy the selfie stations and more. Fender will have a variety of guitars throughout the Lounge, each plugged in and outfitted with its own set of headphones for private demo sessions. The performance schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday, July 30, 6:30pm: Fender Stage: Adam Savin
- Wednesday, July 31, 7pm: Fender Stage: Comasoft
- Thursday, August 1, 5:30pm: Fender Stage: Aly Jados; 7pm: Fender Stage: Glass Lux
- Friday, August 2, 10am - 1pm: Festival T-Shirt Cutting (Complimentary t-shirt cutting for all t-shirt purchases.)
- Saturday, August 3, 8am - 8:45am: FLAT Out Yoga; 10am - 1pm: Festival T-Shirt Cutting; 4:30pm: Fender Stage: Family of The Year
- Sunday, August 4, 8am - 8:45am: FLAT Out Yoga; 10am - 1pm: Festival T-Shirt Cutting
- Monday, August 5, 2pm: Announce the Artist-Signed Lollapalooza Special Addition Bike Auction Winner
What can I expect to find in the store?
Everything from stylish hats and hairstyles, vintage accessories, bicycles, women's festival wear and cult coffee will assure every customer can leave fest-ready. Blowtique offers festival braiding, hair chalking, and hair accessories for the complete festival look. Heritage Bicycles General Store will feature custom-made bicycles, a Stumptown Coffee counter, Glazed and Infused donuts, and the Magnolia Bakery Lollapalooza Cupcake. Yes, there's an official cupcake.
- When: Friday, July 26- Monday, August 5, 2013
- Where: 332 S. Michigan Ave.
- Hours: Monday - Saturday: 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.; Sunday: 12 p.m. - 7 p.m. Festival Days, August 2-4: 9 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Help us keep the lights on by subscribing to Chicago Like a Local. For your efforts, we'll deliver awesome stories (like this one) to your inbox. Do we have a deal?