July 29, 2012 - August 26, 2012
This event has passed. Please visit the Events Calendar
for a calendar of upcoming events.
The Chicago Jazz Festival has something brand new for 2012 - Neighborhood Nights. This series of pre-festival events will bring jazz music to neighborhoods across our city at little or no cost to you during the weeks leading up to the annual festival, happening over Labor Day weekend. These events are made possible in part by support from the Chicago Jazz Partnership.
On Sundays from July 29-August 26, jazz musicians will take over the Old School Of Folk Music's Szold Hall. Here is the lineup:
- July 29: Trumpeter Corey Wilkes
- August 5: Havana in a tribute to the band's late founder and musical director, Richie Pillot
- August 12: Luxion/Raynor Quartet with pianist Dennis Luxion and drummer Mike Raynor
- August 19: Neal Alger's Blue Note Quartet highlighting the Blue Note Records catalog of 1955-1979
- August 26: Josh Berman and his Gang
Photo credit: City of Chicago, Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events