May 30, 2014 - June 1, 2014
This event has passed. Please visit the Events Calendar
for a calendar of upcoming events.
Our city's Little Village neighborhood will celebrate the stuffed tortilla in all its glory at this inaugural community event. Think of Festival del Taco as a supersize block party with all the great ingredients of a gala community fest including music, arts & crafts and, of course, tasty tacos and other cuisine from local restaurants.
- La Mexicana: specializes in pork carnitas (tortas, tamales, tacos)
- Juanita's Mexican Foods: pambazos (chicken, pork, steak), gorditas (chicken, pork, steak), cheese enchiladas
- Margarita Portillo-Taqueria la Ciudad: tacos (beef), gorditas (chicken), tortas (beef), enchiladas (chicken)
- Good Shepherd Catholic Church parishioners: tacos (beef, chicken, pork)
- Friday: Los Chicos Montecarlo
- Saturday: Super Cats
- Sunday: Banda Tenango
Photo credit: Eric Allix Rogers