August 6, 2012 - August 10, 2012
This event has passed. Please visit the Events Calendar
for a calendar of upcoming events.
Chicago Sister Cities International (CSCI) presents the seventh annual Chicago Sister Cities International Festival in Daley Plaza. This festival features a rich variety of delicious ethnic food, authentic merchandise and lively entertainment. Immerse yourself with the tastes, sights and sounds of Chicago's diverse neighborhoods born from cities throughout the global community.
Daily entertainment will take place in Daley Plaza from 12 - 1 p.m., including but not limited to:
- Guitar and Violin Student Duo from Birmingham City University representing Birmingham, England
- Nordic Folk Dancers of Chicago representing Gothenburg, Sweden
- Golosa Choir representing Moscow, Russia
- Cirque Shanghai representing Shanghai, China
- Dance Duo Studio representing Vilnius, Lithuania
- Med Kitchen representing Athens, Greece
- Las Tablas representing Bogota, Colombia
- Shokolad Pastry and Café representing Kyiv, Ukraine
- Kasia's Deli representing Warsaw, Poland
Many vendors representing international cities will be on site, including but not limited to:
- What the Traveler Saw representing Casablanca, Morocco
- Mata Traders representing Delhi, India
- because I like it! representing Galway, Ireland
- E & J Designs representing Mexico City, Mexico
- Designs by Gina representing Milan, Italy
- Amber Treasures representing Warsaw, Poland
- Wednesday, August 8 - celebrate "Chicago Consular Corps Day" and honor the 80 countries that make up Chicago's Consular Corps
- Kizuna: The Bonds of Emotion - see photographs in the lobby of the Daley Center taken in the Tohoku region of Japan by photojournalists from Nikkei, Inc. in the immediate aftermath of the March 11, 2011 earthquake and tsunami, along with images of the ongoing recovery efforts.
Photos: Copyright © 2012 Chicago Sister Cities International