July 29, 2012 - August 19, 2012
This event has passed. Please visit the Events Calendar
for a calendar of upcoming events.
Chicago Shakespeare Theater is launching Chicago Shakespeare in the Parks, featuring a professional production of The Taming of the Shrew in neighborhoods across Chicago. Chicago Shakespeare Theater, the Chicago Park District and The Boeing Company have partnered to bring a new summertime tradition to our city's parks. Whether you're with your family or on a date, audiences of all ages will enjoy a high-energy performance in this family-friendly, 75-minute Shakespeare play.
Photo credit: Chicago Shakespeare Theater
- July 29: South Shore Cultural Center - 4 p.m.
- July 30: Tuley Park - 3:30 p.m.
- July 31: Dvorak Park - 4 p.m.
- August 1: Austin Town Hall Park - 3:30 p.m.
- August 3: Humboldt Park - 6:30 p.m.
- August 4: Humboldt Park - 4 p.m.
- August 5: Douglas Park - 4 p.m.
- August 6-8: Gateway Park South Lawn, front of the Pier - 6:30 p.m.
- August 10: Welles Park - 6:30 p.m.
- August 11: Welles Park - 4 p.m.
- August 12: Garfield Park Conservatory - 3 p.m.
- August 15: Ridge Park - 6:30 p.m.
- August 17: Frank J Wilson Park - 6:30 p.m.
- August 18-19: Frank J Wilson Park - 4 p.m.