Tour Spotlight: Seadog Ventures
This isn’t your basic boat ride.
Aboard Seadog's vessels — the turbo-charged Seadog I, II and IV, and the 45-mile-per-hour Seadog Extreme — your groups can (literally) spin around Lake Michigan on exhilarating excursions with humorous hosts.
- Seadog I and II: Capacity is 110
These bold yellow boats are powered by two turbo-charged engines, each one producing between 700 to 1,200 horsepower. Beneath the surface is a monohull, a singular structure making up the body of the boat, which allows for the utmost agility.
- Seadog IV: Capacity is 125
A slightly larger version of the Seadog I and II, this boat features a catamaran hull — two symmetrical structures making up the body of the boat — allowing greater stability for the greater size.
- Seadog Extreme: Capacity is 125
Aboard the Seadog Extreme, guests whirl 30 percent faster than they do on the other boats in the fleet, topping out at a speedy 45 miles per hour.
- Lakefront Speedboat Tour: This 30-minute tour combines an exciting speedboat ride along the shoreline with amusing descriptions of the Chicago skyline, creating a turbo-charged tour for fun-loving groups. In between stops to hear about the city, this tour cranks up the music while racing from one location to the next.
- River and Lake Architecture Tour: This tour is the only tour to take groups from the lakefront through the locks and along the Chicago River, all the way to the famous Willis Tower. For 75 minutes, groups hear fascinating and funny stories about the city's buildings and history, pass through the historic Chicago Locks and get close views of the bridges along the Chicago River — all while enjoying an exciting speedboat ride along the lakefront.
- Lakefront Fireworks Cruise: From May through September, this popular hour-long cruise gives groups a front-row seat to Navy Pier's famous fireworks, every Wednesday and Saturday night in the summertime.
- Extreme Thrill Ride: With exhilarating high speeds and full 180-360° spins, this 30-minute excursion isn't for the faint of heart. Groups on board will experience jet-propelled starts, full throttle slalom runs, sharp twists and turns, and plenty of splashing over the water — plus rock 'n' roll music and a fun narration about Chicago.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Seadog Extreme: Must be 48" tall to ride.
- Seadog Extreme: Hourly departures from Navy Pier, until sunset.
For special group pricing for groups 20-485, call a Seadog Event Planner during business hours at 888-636-7737 or visit http://www.entertainmentcruises.com/Groups/Chicago/home.