Choose Chicago is again partnering with local hospitality professionals and various City of Chicago organizations to produce the second annual Hospitality Cares Chicago HUG event on Thursday, May 23, 2013.
Last year, more than 400 members of Chicago's hospitality community came together for a day of service and development, completing 13 comprehensive city improvement projects. The wildly successful program was even nominated for HSMAI's "Best Event of the Year 2012."
This year, we hope that your organization will join us as part of the HUG community. There are many opportunities for you to participate, including sponsorships, in-kind donations or by volunteering.
At the conclusion of the event, we invite all who participate to relax and network with industry peers at the HUG Volunteer Appreciation Party.
THURSDAY, MAY 23, 2013
- 9am: Registration, kick-off and continental breakfast at Navy Pier's Festival Hall A
- 10am: Begin transportation to projects
- 10:30am-5pm: Project work
- 5pm: Transportation for volunteers back to Navy Pier
- 5pm-7:00pm: Volunteer appreciation party at Crystal Gardens at Navy Pier
Come out for a day of service with your industry peers. Over 600 volunteers are expected to participate. Contact Lori Adlesick, Director of Special Events at email@example.com for more information on how you can get involved. Or to register online, click here. All volunteers must be at least 21 years of age
- Outdoor clean-up
- Indoor & outdoor cleaning
- Serving food
Cash and in-kind sponsorships are available for HUG. Everything from snacks to the thank you concert at the end of the day relies on the generosity of our hospitality community. To download our sponsorship form, click here.
If you know of a place frequented by Chicago visitors that could use a little TLC, contact Lori Adlesick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ITEMS OF NOTE
- All participants MUST be 21 years of age or older.
- All volunteers must register individually and sign a waiver to participate.
- Discounted parking will be available at Navy Pier.
- please come prepared for a full day of work.
- Dress appropriately in casual clothes that can get dirty, comfortable shoes, be able to keep your personal belongings on or near you at all times.
For questions about HUG or to request more information, please contact Lori Adlesick at email@example.com or 312-567-8496.
HUG 2013 PARTNERING ORGANIZATIONS
- Association Forum of Chicagoland
- Chicago Park District
- Chicago Police Department
- Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce
- City of Chicago's Mayor's Office
- Department of Cultural Affairs & Special Events (DCASE)
- Greater Midwest Chapter of the Professional Convention
Management Association (GMC-PCMA)
- Greater North Michigan Avenue Association (GNMAA)
- Green Meetings Industry Council (GMIC)
- Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International
- Illinois Hotel & Lodging Association (IHLA)
- Illinois Restaurant Association (IRA)
- Meeting Professionals International Chicago Area Chapter
- Midwest Chapter of International of Exhibitions & Events
THANK YOU TO OUR HUG 2013 SPONSORS
- 360 Destination Management
- Bank of America
- Bannerville USA
- Berghoff Catering & Restaurant Group
- Blue Plate
- Callaway Transportation
- Carmel Music + Entertainment
- Crystal Gardens
- Dr. Pepper/Snapple
- Garrett's Popcorn
- Goose Island
- Global Experience Specialists (GES)
- Lou Malnati's
- Masters Transportation
- Navy Pier
- Oscar Einzig Photography
- Paramount Events
- Phil Stefani Signature Events
- Total Promotion
- Windy City Limousine
- ZED 451