Planning a Chicago meeting or event? Here's how to boost your brand's presence.
SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGIES
- Prior to the event, research what social media channels attendees use frequently and assign a staff member to manage and update all brand profiles and websites during the function.
- Photo booths and backdrops are popular features that often have high success rates. Design an eye-popping and engaging set where guests can take photos and then post them on social media. Make sure the backdrop ties-in to the company and create signage to encourage attendees to use hash tags that correspond to the brand or message. #Brilliant
FOCUS ON INTERACTIVE ASPECTS
- Is your target audience the health-conscious, outdoorsy type? Add a fun challenge or competition like an obstacle course and hand out branded water bottles.
- Looking to engage the artistic, creative crowd? Set up a station where guests can paint or draw, or hold a contest where they create a design incorporating the company logo.
BE SAVVY WHEN CHOOSING YOUR SWAG
- When designing company-branded items like bags and T-shirts, make sure they're high quality, stylish and something an attendee would wear or use again.
- Electronics such as mobile phone chargers, flash drives and headphones are always hot takeaways. Also think about heavy-use seasonal items like umbrellas, flip flops, gloves and hats.
- Use swag to encourage early registration. Invest in a specialty item or gift bag the first 100 to 150 participants who sign up will receive, which will entice attendees to commit early.