You groups haven't seen Chicago until they've see it from a Segway, a self-balancing personal transportation device. Send visitors to whirl past world-class museums, buzz around Buckingham Fountain or glide around moonlit Millennium Park on a safe and simple-to-use Segway from one of the city's top tour companies.
Absolutely Chicago Segway Tours
- Lakefront/Museum Campus Tour: Your groups begin this eight-mile lakefront tour on the north end of Grant Park and then glides down Grant Park before heading to the Museum Campus grounds, where they see the Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium and Soldier Field—complete with a ride inside the stadium's colonnades.
- Art and Architecture Tour: Chicago's outdoor art and architecture take center stage on this inspiring tour showcasing city sites like the Pritzker Pavilion, the Art Institute of Chicago (including the massive Modern Wing), the arch of the demolished Chicago Stock Exchange Building and more.
- Fireworks Tour: Treat your groups to an enchanting evening tour that highlights summer's Navy Pier fireworks display and Buckingham Fountain's lights festival after the sun has set on the city.
- Haunted Tour: This tour reveals Chicago's dramatic history of death, disasters, murder, murderers, infamous gangsters and ghostly tales as it takes groups through the nighttime shadows and darkness to spots like the former site of the Fort Dearborn Massacre, Death Alley, the site of the Eastland Disaster and more.
City Segway Tours
- Chicago Segway Tour: On this three-hour tour, your groups will ride by some of the city's most memorable attractions, including the Field Museum, the Adler Planetarium, the Shedd Aquarium, Soldier Field, Grant Park, Millennium Park and Monroe Harbor, all while learning fascinating facts about Chicago and its history. Book online
- Chicago Two-Hour Glide: This shortened tour follows the same route as its longer counterpart, but focuses more on the experience of riding a Segway through the beautiful city and less on learning about Chicago history. Book online
Segway Experience of Chicago
- Park Glide: This two-hour tour takes groups through Chicago's picturesque parks. It begins in Grant Park and goes through Millennium Park, through the Daley Bicentennial Plaza and out to the Lakefront bike path. Book online
- Navy Pier: The only tour originating from Navy Pier, this route goes north to Olive Park, then to Oak Street Beach, Lincoln Park, South Pond, the Gold Coast, the iconic Drake Hotel and the Northwestern lakefront campus. May–Oct. Book online
- Architecture Foundation: Led by a Chicago Architecture Foundation docent, this tour leads groups through the architecture and park system along Michigan Avenue, revealing how they have grown and developed over the decades. April–Nov. Book online
- Holiday Lights: Show your groups Chicago in its holiday splendor on this evening lights tour, highlighting the holiday lights at Millennium Park, the Christmas Tree at Daley Plaza and Christkindlmarket. Dec. Book online
Steve's Segway Tours
- Morning Tour, Afternoon Tour: As with all of Steve's Segway Tours, your groups will hop aboard the new Segway i2 for several hours of incredible sightseeing. Both the morning and afternoon tours run three hours and take your guests through Grant Park, Millennium Park, the Museum Campus and along the lakefront while sharing a wealth of knowledge about the city's history, architecture and interesting facts.
- Evening Tour: Evening tours run the same route as the morning and afternoon tours, but are two hours (not three) and focus more on the Segway-riding experience than the city's history.
- Architecture Tour: An architecture expert leads weekday groups around the Loop and along the River Walk, revealing the details and backgrounds of Chicago's beautiful buildings. On Sundays, while the city sleeps, your groups will be guided into the Loop to get even closer to the sites.
- River North Tour: If you have a group that wants a longer stretch of Segway riding — especially one that gives them insights to the River North neighborhood's art galleries — this tour is sure to impress.
- North Tour: Another longer-stretch Segway tour, the North Tour takes groups from Grant Park over the Chicago River, along the lakefront and up to Lincoln Park Zoo, where they spend time exploring the popular Lincoln Park neighborhood.
- Red Key Tour: Returning customers have the option of taking a Red Key Tour, in which they ride Segways at its top speed (called "red key").
- Design Your Own Tour: If you'd like to request a non-standard tour route or add any activities — a stop for lunch, for example — to your tour, Steve's makes every effort to accommodate special requests.
Sign up for the monthly newsletter