Incredible views. Sharp acoustics. A sleek space and a downtown address. At the Harris Theater for Music and Dance at Millennium Park, all of this combines with a stellar program of local, national and international acts. On any given night, you may be treated to an opera or the ballet, a symphony orchestra or jazz ensemble, contemporary dance or choral music.
Since opening in 2003, the non-profit theater features the most diverse offerings of any venue in Chicago, hosting the city’s most acclaimed institutions as well as world-renowned artists and ensembles through its Harris Theater Presents series.
Browse the full performance calendar and explore what’s upcoming in the current season. With such an exciting repertoire, the Harris Theater is widely recognized as a major artistic destination in the Midwest and a vital cultural anchor in Chicago.
HARRIS THEATER PRESENTS
Through the Harris Theater Presents series, the Theater has hosted the biggest names from around the globe, including Daniel Barenboim, Mikhail Baryshnikov, the New York City Ballet, Paris Opéra Ballet, San Francisco Ballet, Stephen Sondheim and Pinchas Zukerman.
Upcoming highlights from the 2012-13 series include:
See the Dance Series
- Hamburg Ballet (February 1-2), one of the world’s greatest dance companies, beginning its US tour with an engagement that marks their Chicago debut
Hear the Music Series
Broadway their Way Series
- John Waters (May 21), performing the irreverent one-man act “This Filthy World”
Bring the Family Series
The Harris Theater plays a vital role to the Chicago performing arts scene, partnering with not-for-profit music and dance organizations to provide the resources—as well as its incredible performance space—necessary to achieve artistic growth and success.
Discover some of Chicago’s emerging and most recognizable institutions as now 40 diverse resident companies call the Harris home. This exceptionally-talented roster fills the calendar with performances that draws arts and culture enthusiasts year round.
Just some of the resident companies include:
- Chicago Opera Theater, the young, fresh and critically-acclaimed theater company that offers first class productions of operatic repertoire and specializes in the greatest works of the 17th, 18th and 20th centuries
- Chicago Children’s Choir, a multiracial, multicultural choral music education organization that serves more than 3,000 children through choirs in Chicago Public Schools, after-school programs and the Concert Choir
- Luna Negra Dance Theater, a company that celebrates the richness and diversity of Latino culture through the creation of works by contemporary Latino choreographers
- Music of the Baroque, consistently positioned among Chicago’s leading classical music groups, one of the few groups of its stature in the country devoted to the performance of eighteenth-century works
For additional details on resident and visiting companies, performance schedules and tickets, visit harristheaterchicago.org. And if you’re looking to get the inside scoop on what’s happening across the city, get recommendations from our resident culture vultures at the Chicago Like a Local blog.