Visiting Chicago | Meeting Planners | Media | Members | Other Information
- I am flying to Chicago. Where can I find more information on Chicago's airports?
There are two international airports in Chicago: O'Hare International Airport and Chicago Midway Airport. Please click here for more information.
- What's going on in Chicago during my visit?
Check out our Calendar of Events by clicking here or find out our seasonal happenings by clicking here.
- Can I get a brochure and map on Chicago?
For a free Chicago Visitors Guide please click here.
- I hear Chicago has some amazing shopping opportunities. Where should I shop?
Click here to find out about Chicago's well-known shopping districts.
- Where can I get information on Chicago's world-class museums?
You can find information on Chicago's museums by clicking here.
- I understand Chicago is one of the world's greatest dining destinations. Can you give me more information?
Chicago has many dining destinations! Please click here for information.
- I hear Chicago has some amazing theater! Where can I get more information?
Please click here for theater information.
- What is cab fare in Chicago?
In Chicago, you pay the amount shown on the taximeter, plus any tolls. There is no extra charge for baggage or credit card use, and tipping is optional. The "flag pull" or initial charge is $2.25 for the first 1/9 mile, and the additional fraction of a mile charge is $.20 for each additional 1/9 mile. Every 36 seconds of waiting time elapsed is $.20. The flat fee for the first additional passenger is $1.00. The flat fee for each additional passenger, after the first additional passenger, is $.50.
- How do I know where I am in Chicago?
Chicago is a great walking city. To orient yourself, remember that Madison divides the city into north-south and State St. divides it east-west. Many street signs include a locator relative to this intersection. For instance, Addison St. (home to the Cubs' Wrigley Field) is 3600 North, meaning its 36 blocks north of Madison. The Cadillac Palace Theatre is at 151 W. Randolph, meaning it's about one and a half blocks west of State St. It may be helpful to know that there are approximately eight blocks to one mile. You can take a look at our Chicago maps by clicking here .
- Where do I park during city events/festivals? What roads are closed?
For parking information please visit http://chicagoparkingmap.com/. For road closures and updates from the Chicago Department of Transportation click here.
- How can I sign up for your free E-Newsletter?
Please sign up by clicking here.
- Where can they find the convention calendar?
Click here to access the convention calendar.
- What promotional materials does the CCTB offer?
Choose Chicago shares your objectives in creating well-attended conventions, tradeshows and meetings and can provide you with a variety of innovative, value-added services to help you achieve your goals. Click here to learn about the tools that are currently set in place to assist you with promoting your event.
- How do I order promotional materials?
Give your attendees a head start before coming to Chicago. We offer a full array of pre-convention materials to promote Chicago as the prime destination for your next event. Click here to access our order form.
- Do you have any photos of various Chicago sites & McCormick Place?
Choose Chicago has images available for our members, media, travel trade and meeting planners. These images are for use only in free promotional materials such as publications, editorials, websites, presentations and brochures that promote Chicago as a visitor destination. These images are the property of Choose Chicago and may not be used for advertisements, merchandising, postcards, calendars, non-travel related collateral, and other commercial uses. Click here to view our photos.
- Tell me about the new labor initiatives that have occurred.
Please click here to review detailed information recent labor agreements.
- How can I get to/from the airport?
The Airport Express shuttle service provides transportation to/from the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place Hotel (which is connected to the convention center) at a service fee. This shuttle service accesses both O'Hare International Airport and Midway Airport. For more information please contact Airport Express at 888-284-3826 or on the web at www.airportexpress.com. You can also use public transportation via train or bus from either airport. For more information contact the RTA of Chicago at 312-836-7000 or on the web at www.rtachicago.org.
- How do I get to the convention center?
Click here for directions.
- Is there parking at the convention center?
Yes, there are several parking options available. Click here for details.
- What services are available for disabled attendees?
We have made every effort to accommodate people with disabilities. Throughout the complex, you will find entrances, elevators, restrooms and services that offer the accessibility that is required. Accessible parking is available in Lot A for events in South, North or West Buildings and in Lot C for events at Lakeside Center.
McCormick Place also offers onsite rentals of mobility scooters, wheelchairs, PowerChairs and oxygen equipment through its preferred mobility service partner, Scootaround Inc. Mobility equipment can be reserved in advance and will be waiting at McCormick Place during your event or can be delivered to their Chicago area hotel. Daily and weekly rates are available with operators on call 24/7 at 888-441-7575 or by visiting their website at www.scootaround.com/rentals/m/mccormickplace. For further information about setting up an onsite equipment pool, please review the information at Scootaround Mobility Solutions.
- Do you provide any services for individuals who are hard of hearing?
Yes. Click here to find out more.
- I'm a journalist planning to visit Chicago and need assistance in arranging my itinerary.
Freelance travel writers or writers for consumer publications can fill out a Media Criteria Form from the Chicago Office of Tourism. Trade publication writers covering the convention and meetings industry can send us an email for assistance.
- Where can I get Chicago photos?
Click here for access to photos.
- What are the main benefits of becoming a member of Choose Chicago?
Choose Chicago provides a number of benefits for its members. To learn more, click here.
- How can I get my password reset to gain access to the "Members Only" section of choosechicago.com?
Call or email Dana Olivo: 312-567-8574; firstname.lastname@example.org
- I understand that the CVB sells hotel rooms and packages on its website - how can I get involved?
Choose Chicago works with a third party vendor for all hotel packages. For more information, click here.
- How can I advertise on your web site and/or in your publications?
Miles handles all Choose Chicago publication Advertising. To learn more, click here.
- Is Choose Chicago a department of the City of Chicago?
Choose Chicago is the premier sales and marketing organization that promotes Chicago's world-class assets to global leisure travel and convention business to ensure the economic vitality of the City and its member business community. We collaborate with the City of Chicago, but we are not an official department of the City of Chicago.
- Where can I find information on all of the upcoming conventions?
All conventions and meeting booked through Choose Chicago are listed on our conventions calendar. To learn more, click here.
- How can I acquire Chicago Collateral materials like Chicago imagery, DVDs, Videos, etc. that I can use to promote Chicago within my promotional materials?
Our collateral materials are only distributed to members use in a promotion of Chicago in a non-profit setting. If you request materials in conjunction with your for profit company, we will not be able to accommodate your request. You can access our materials here.
- I'm not currently a member. How do I join?
To learn how to become a member of Choose Chicago and for a list of all of the benefits of becoming a member, click here.
What is Choose Chicago?
- Choose Chicago is the premier sales and marketing organization that promotes Chicago's world-class assets to global leisure travel and convention business to ensure the economic vitality of the City and its member business community.
- This is accomplished through the sales and marketing of McCormick Place and Navy Pier as venues for major events. Choose Chicago also promotes Chicago as an exceptional destination to the tourist, corporate and meetings markets, serving all Chicago venues.
- Choose Chicago works in partnership with the Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority, the Chicago Office of Tourism, the City of Chicago, and the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity's Bureau of Tourism, as well as many other related associations in Chicago.
How can I market my company on your website?
- The companies listed on this website are businesses that are dues-paying members of Choose Chicago. For membership information, click here.
Do you have any job openings?
- We post current job openings here.
(back to top)