In Chicago, the only thing bigger than Willis Tower is the love of brunch. Every Sunday (and Saturday whenever possible!), diners bound out of bed and make their way to Chicago brunch restaurants for late-morning meals both savory and sweet. Whatever you crave, these Chicago brunch trends will ensure you've had your fill.
Do brunch five different ways at these top Chicago restaurants for brunch.
- NoMI Kitchen: Michelin-starred NoMI, dishes are prepared with products from regional farmers, bakers and artisans. Popular pick: Oysters on the half shell
- ZED451: This steakhouse offers a doubly delicious brunch with a buffet plus tableside service from the chefs. Popular pick: Duck confit hash browns
- Puck's Café: Rediscover artful brunch staples at Wolfgang Puck's restaurant at the Museum of Contemporary Art. Popular pick: Texas-style French toast
2. SMALL PLATES
- Lula Café: Minimal and hip, this café features local artwork and ever-changing menu options. Popular pick: Classic Lula Breakfast Burrito with green chile and avocado
- Café Ba-Ba-Reeba: Start the day exploring Spanish tapas at this premier restaurant in Lincoln Park. Popular pick: Sausage-fried paella with poached egg
- Green Zebra: The contemporary plates at this vegetarian restaurant charm even the most devoted meat-eaters. Popular pick: Buttermilk biscuits with mushroom gravy
3. BOTTOMLESS COCKTAILS
- Mercat a la Planxa: Tour the cuisine of Barcelona and sip on bottomless Bloody Marys or mimosas at Mercat, whose prix fixe brunch menu changes weekly.
- Angelina Ristorante: Located half a mile from Wrigley Field, Angelina's is the perfect place for a pre-game brunch — especially one with bottomless mimosas and flavorful Italian fare.
- Elate Restaurant: Step into Elate's rustic space at the Hotel Felix and enjoy approachable, modern American cuisine along with bottomless mimosas.
4. UPSCALE OFFERINGS
- Table Fifty-Two: Owned by Oprah's former personal chef Art Smith, Table Fifty-Two is home to true Southern hospitality. Popular pick: Fried chicken and waffles
- The Bristol: For a locally sourced menu with plenty of pork options, book at table at The Bristol. Popular pick: The "hangover breakfast" of noodles and pork belly in spicy broth
- Jam Restaurant: Contemporary cuisine reigns supreme at Jam, the chic cash-only diner on Chicago's west side. Popular pick: Malted custard French toast with pink peppercorns
5. UNBEATABLE BLOODY MARYS
- Rockit Bar & Grill: Trendy and urban, hit up Rockit's build-your-own Bloody Mary bar and pile on toppings like spicy shrimp, roasted garlic, and toothpick rolls of ham and Swiss.
- Hub 51: At Hub 51, the menu is diverse, the vibe is relaxed and the blood marys are bold. For a twist on the traditional, try the Bloody Samurai, made with sake.
- Sunda: East meets West at Sunda, home to one of the best Bloody Mary bars in town. Build your own with toppings like pickled cucumbers, barbecued eel and red chili peppers.
Browse more restaurants or see what else is new on the Chicago food scene on our blog ChicagoLikeaLocal.com.
Article photo of Creme Brulee Pancakes at Elate courtesy of Tammy Green